Chances for UA Honors please :D

<p>Hi, I was wondering if you could first of all give me my chances for getting into the honors college at UA, and secondly, can you give me your opinion about how good UA is for medical/biological sciences even if I don’t get into the honors college? And finally, would UA be a good choice for medicine if I DO get into the honors college?</p>

<p>Keep in mind that I am OOS also…</p>

<p>Here are my stats:
*I am an Asian Indian Male
*From a competitive public high school in Oregon, Beaverton High School, which was also rated the best AP school in Oregon, so yeah, its a smart school.
*student body at school = 500+</p>

<p>The Numbers/ECs
*Freshman year:
4.0 with honors in 2 classes for both semesters</p>

<p>*Sophomore Year:
3.8125 overall for both semesters
(Bs in AP Chem 1st sem, Precalc 2nd sem, Social Studies 1st sem)</p>

<p>*Junior Year (projected)
Human Anat/Phys-A,A
IB Bio HL 1-A,A
Spanish 3-A,A
IB Calculus-A, A (might be at worst 1 “B”)
IB Psychology-A,A
Team Sports-A
IB English-B,B (might get 1 A)
IB Tok 1-B</p>

<p>IN SUMMARY: I should finish high school with at the very very worst a 3.67 or 3.7 UW GPA, but I’ll do what ever I can to prevent that from happening.</p>

<p>*class rank UW right now = 38/515. Weighted = 30/515 (will go up because not many kids have taken hard classes yet)
*IB Diploma Candidate (to be)
*Varsity tennis 4 years (will have 4)
*Science Team 4 years (will have 4)
*World Quest Trivia 4 years (will have 4)
*Science Club Treasurer (1 year)
*Science Club VP (2 years)
*Math Club VP (2 years)
*Portland Youth Philharmonic (will have 3 years)
*Mathfest Algebra 2 1st place freshman year
*OIMT Participant Fresh Year
*Mathfest Participant (will have 4 years)
*Oregon Museum of Science and Industry Rising Star Program (will have 150-175 volunteer hours done)
*Mathcounts Tutor (about 50+ volunteer hours)</p>

<p>Right now I get about a 1920-2050 on the SAT, 26-30 on ACT according to Practice Tests for SAT, and the PLAN (it’s like the PSAT for SAT except the ACT version) on ACT. Obviously, these scores suck a$$, but these are all I ahve to work with. So can you please please please give me my chances for the honors college?</p>

<p>This is from their web site:<br>
Students are admitted to The Honors College based upon their entire academic profile, which includes HS GPA, strength of academic coursework (participation in accelerated, Honors, AP or IB classes) and ACT/SAT scores. Transfer students are admitted based upon their GPA. Transfer students must have greater than 3.7GPA for admission. Transfer students from NAU or ASU must have 3.5GPA or greater.</p>

<p>Freshmen entering The University of Arizona in fall 2005 had an average GPA of 3.88, 1303 SAT and 28.4 ACT. 80% of our freshman fall class are Arizona residents.</p>