chances of admission to frost

<p>how good is my chance of getting in and gettign fin aid as well?</p>

<p>the director of the jazz-vocal dept heard me sing at my high school's festival and wanted me in his jazz program. After sending him an audition cd, i've been accepted to his program. however, he said it was now up to me, frost school of music, and UM admissions. I applied super late (early march) - I only applied to the frost school of music.</p>

<p>sat: 1990, cr:600, m:740, w:650
weighted gpa: 3.9?
ranking: 50/400
courses: mostly APs, some honors
activities: color guard captain, choir vp, all state choir, student council, and more musical activities</p>

<p>would the director of jv have a lot of push in my admission decision?</p>

<p>Not only will you get in, you'll get a nice scholarship offer. Relax!</p>

<p>I got a 1890 in my sat and sat 2s in the mid 600s and I got a scholarship worth $10,000. I dont think u need to worry.</p>

<p>ahh i hope, thanks@</p>

<p>It is my understanding, in small print on website, that music dept students are not eligible for the academic/SAT awards. Their scholarships come directly from the Music Dept. I imagine they are awarded on talent combined with academic record. If wrong, please let me know. Has anyone, who is a music major, received any of these academic awards or/and what type of scholarships have been awarded by the music dept?
Thanks</p>

<p>"sat: 1990, cr:600, m:740, w:650
weighted gpa: 3.9?
ranking: 50/400
courses: mostly APs, some honors"</p>

<p>Your stats are so close to mine it's scary! My rank is 55, and my SAT scores are EXACTLY the same except my Math is 720.</p>

<p>Good, cause at least now I know I can get in (whew)</p>