Chances?

<p>here's my situation. i'm hopefully going to go to UMiami for jazz performance (instrumental)
i'm from a small farm town in southern new jersey.</p>

<p>GPA- 4.38 [weighted]
Class Rank- 42 (out of 316)</p>

<p>SAT
Math-550
Reading-530
Writing- 560</p>

<p>EC
Class President (9,10,12)
Student Council Treasurer (9,12)
All State Jazz (lead alto) (10,11)
All South Jersey Jazz (9,10,11,12)
All South Jersey Band (9,10,11,12)
All State Concert Band (9,10,11,12)
All South Choir (9,10,11,12)
All State Choir (9,10,11,)
Varsity Swim Team (9,11,12)
Varsity Tennis Team (9,10,12)
Lead Role in Spring Musical (10,11,12)</p>

<p>there's more, but i honestly don't feel like typing the rest nor do i assume you want to read it. haha
those are the major things. I know my SATs are low, but i'm trying to bank on my EC's and audition to get me in. What do you guys think?</p>

<p>I forgot a couple important things.</p>

<p>2008 Philadelphia All Star Grammy Band (takes applications from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware) [lead alto]
100+ Hours for the Gabriel Project (raises money to bring children from africa to america to get them surgeries that are not available in their country) [Played Saxophone for 12 hours to raise enough money to bring a little girl over]
Algonquin Arts Festival (accepts 12 musicians out of the state of new jersey to perform in front of two sold out audiences) [selected 2007/2008]
Performed in many pits for theatre companies throughout new jersey</p>

<p>I think if you are going to be applying for the music program you're okay,</p>

<p>Feb 1st. That's when you will find out.</p>

<p>in
academically.
HOWEVER...I was in frost the first semester and their jazz program is wicked good :) and unfortunately very fierce to get into. But it's not impossible. Just do as well as you can do at your audition and wait. That's all you can really do, that's all I did!</p>

<p>Your academic record is strong enough for a Frost student, but I don't think your chances are very high if you aren't accepted into Frost and want to enroll as a non-music major. Your rank, while good, needs the help of high 1200-1300 SAT to carry you academically.
Good luck.</p>