Chances Of Getting In? I know its early....

<p>ok Im a freshman in Pennsylvania..</p>

<p>Geometry Honors my avergage for both quarters was a 98.
Introduction to Business I got a 100 both quarters
Journalism I got a 90 and then a 97
World Studies Honors I got a 89 and a 90.
My GPA is a 4.3, its differnet then most schools.</p>

<p>English I do pretty well in, should get in the 93-97 range.
Science is my weakness, I usually get a high B.</p>

<p>I want to go in with a Sports Marketing Major...</p>

<p>I haven't taken my SAT's or PSAT's but I should score 625 AT LEAST all 3 sections.</p>

<p>I play football, basketball, and baseball.</p>

<p>Chances?? I know its early but If I maintain those grades, What are they (chances)?</p>

<p>Matt,</p>

<p>It's really too early for us to say because you're only a freshmen. However, I can say that if you keep this grade trend, then you will most likely be a match during your application process. However, you got to realize that admissions to such fine universities are intensifying as each year goes by. </p>

<p>Back in 2000, for Miami you only needed a 3.0-3.2 GPA and 1100 SAT. Eight years later and the average accepted applicant has a 4.2 GPA and 1240-1380 GPA. So, my guess is that the average GPA for your class will be somewhere in the mid 4.0 range (4.5 W GPA). </p>

<p>The best advice I can tell you is be consistent with your grades and don't take as many AP's as you can. Take a wide variety of courses (APs, dual enrollment and honors) Don't take every AP your school offers, because colleges do not like this. Same goes for extracurriculars. Don't be involved in over 20 clubs. Pick like 5 that interest you and STICK WITH THEM. Try and get leadership positions in them. You like sports! If your school does not offer a club pertaining to sports marketing, maybe make FSSM club(not sure if it exist, but the one I just trademarked in my head is " Future Scholars of Sports Marketing). </p>

<p>If you listen to my advice and continue attaining an impressive GPA than you should be a shoe-in. Also, start prepping for your SAT/ACT exams in your sophomore year (fall 08- into your junior year). Take your first ones in Dec. of your junior year). Take them at least three times! Hope this helps!</p>