Chances of getting into UCLA/Berkeley/Davis/Irvine?

My UC GPA is a 4.0 and I got a 1360 on the SAT (although this might change, I just took it for my third and final time today). I’ve taken English honors, AP HUG (5 on the exam), AP English Lang (4), AP Art: 3D Design (4), and AP Biology (3). I’m currently taking Spanish 3 honors, AP English Lit, AP Art: Drawing, and AP Psychology. I’ve tutored kids in English two summers in a row, I was part of my school’s ceramic club for a year, and I’m currently part of this peer mentoring thing at my school (helping freshmen transition into high school). I was nominated for the National Hispanic Recognition Program due to my PSAT score, but I don’t currently know if I was accepted or not (acceptance certificates are sent out in September). What are my odds? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to College Confidential as a first time poster:

What is your intended major?

Have you taken any SAT subject tests and if so, which ones?

Your SAT score is within range for all the UC’s on your list along with UC GPA, but your chances could be dependent upon the major you are targeting.

Here is the UC admit data based on the capped weighted UC GPA and not major specific:

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19:

UCB: 12.6%
UCLA: 11.7%
UCSD: 38.7%
UCSB: 53.6%
UCD: 56.5%
UCI: 52.1%
UCSC: 75.7%
UCR: 90.1%
UCM: 96.1%

25th - 75th percentiles for SAT:

UCB: 1360-1540

UCLA: 1340-1540
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1270-1500
UCD: 1220-1480
UCI: 1230-1490
UCSC: 1210-1450
UCR: 1130-1380
UCM: 1020-1280

As you can tell that in general, admissions to UCLA and UCB will be a Reach while UCI and UCD are around 50/50. If you plan to pursue a STEM major, then the admit rates will definitely be lower.

I suggest you add UC Santa Cruz and Riverside to your list as solid Match/Safety schools and if you are a California resident consider some of the top Cal states such as Cal Poly SLO, Cal Poly Pomona, San Diego State, CSU Long Beach and Fullerton as other possible Match/Safety schools.

Best of luck.

I agree - with a 4.0 UCGPA your odds are pretty long for all the schools you list.

UCR, UCSC, SDSU and CSULB are more viable targets.

Good luck.

Thanks for the insight. I’m planning on majoring in biology, and I do plan to add some other UC schools for safety (I just listed the UCs I’m most interested in).