Chances of study abroad scholarships with a major?

<p>I read that UA study abroad merit based scholarships only go to those majoring in a language, and so I was thinking about switching my minor to a major because of that. I was wondering if the chance of getting a decent scholarship by having a language major is high enough that its worth it? I’m already double majoring in marketing and economics, but I’m a year ahead credits-wise, and since both those majors are in the business school, I don’t think it’ll be too difficult to manage those majors, so I was considering adding my language as a third.</p>

<p>While there may be study abroad scholarships available only to foreign language majors, UA has study abroad scholarships for students in any major.</p>

<p>Also note that even if you declared a foreign language major in combination with your business majors, there’s a small possibility that you would not be considered a foreign language major in terms of scholarships because you are not in a foreign language major administered by A&S. The reason behind this is that UA allows CBA to be the sole administrator of certain pre-approved dual/triple major programs which include majors normally administered by A&S. For example, business majors who also major in mathematics aren’t typically enrolled in A&S, don’t have an A&S advisor, aren’t on the Department of Mathematics email list, and need to have any course substitutions approved by dean of CBA.</p>

<p>^^ That’s interesting, SEA_Tide. I always wondered why my D never gets ANYthing from either CAS or the Math department, but tons of email from CBA. Makes me wonder what she’s missing.</p>

<p>@sunshine341, keep in mind that there appears to be a financial need component to the study abroad scholarships even if they are not based on financial need. </p>