Chances of transferring in with a low GPA (2.5)

I currently have a 2.34 but after this semester and my summer classes, I will be just above the minimum requirement of a 2.5. I was involved in a car accident and ended up failing 3 classes in the spring semester last year, which brought my GPA down from slightly above a 3.0 to where I am now. I’ve emailed several different departments and many have said that a 2.5 is sufficient to be considered. Would it even be worth the attempt at applying again for the spring semester with this GPA? Or would I just be better off going elsewhere… I’ve taken 73 hours and I’ll be at 88 hours, so I can’t really take anymore BS classes to bring it up and I am nearing the point to where I need to take my major specific classes to graduate.

So, would it be better off to just ditch the whole idea of being able to transfer in?

May you pass this and upcoming semesters with flying colors. You can convince them for a retake in any or all of the three classes if they consider. You are the product university is producing if you passed with good grades they will also benefit from it