Chances to get in next year?

Indiana so OOS
applying to L&S
unweighted 3.46
weighted 3.92
act: 33
36 math 32 english 34 reading 33 science
Math Team: 2 time state champion - getting 1st or 2nd all the individual competitions - president for 2 years, 7 on the AIME and 121.5 on amc 12
Model UN: 2 outstanding delegate awards at international conferences
Coding Club - President, made the club, 2nd at 2 coding competitions as a team.
NHS/Student Council

Your gpa is rather low, especially with the high ACT. UW does not use weighted grades. UW also admits students to the university as a whole, regardless of intended major/school/college. Improving grades, ie better grades junior year, are helpful, showing you have learned how to study. UW may worry about students with high test scores and lower grades having good study habits. Some students can get by in HS without good study habits but the rigor of a college like UW requires more.

Be sure you use your senior year to learn the material/skills in your classes- this will get you your best grades and prepare you for studying in college.

If you go to a competitive high school (like I did) that GPA and ACT should suffice. I had a similar situation, but because my high school was so competitive they understood that my GPA would be lower.

Thank you both! and yeah my high school is very competitive so I’m hoping that makes up a bit for my gpa

Is cost a concern or is the almost $50k/year affordable?

I disagree with the statement in post # 2. You are expected to do well, regardless of the supposed caliber of your HS. Your gpa is within the realm of accepted students, some do, some do not get in with those stats. You will be surprised at the caliber of students who come from all sorts of high schools in Wisconsin.