Chance me!! For UW Madison

I am currently an in state student, and current junior.

GPA Unweighted: 3.76
I also have 5 AP classes this year (AP Spanish, AP Calc AB, AP Chem, AP Lang, AP Psych), and AP World last year, as well as accelerated courses. I might get a low GPA for junior year and I am concerned

ACT (will have to take again b/c we are required to in January): 27

Clubs:
HOSA
DECA
Model UN
Indian Student Association
Officer of international club
Link Crew
NHS
Debate (went to state and qualified for nationals), also took 4th place for policy at a tournament last year and 6th place for Lincoln Douglas at a tournament this year
Democratic League
Forensics
Youth in government (leader of legislative branch and recruitment officer)
Junior States of America
Children’s President of Indian Association of Northeast Wisconsin
I’m also organizing a march with my friend if that’s relevant at all

I also played piano and passed with merit in a playing exam through ABRSM
I fluently speak Hindi and Spanish as well if that is relevant

Sports:
Tennis

Volunteering
Camp Hope (work with kids with special needs)
Volunteer at hospital
volunteer hours through NHS as well
I’m also planning on going to India this summer to do some volunteer work in small villages
I also have a part time job

Race: Asian
Sex: M

You might consider taking the ACT again, also make sure your essays are good

For an instate applicant, you are probably in good shape with that unweighted gpa, but if you could squeeze that ACT up to 29-30 range, you could relax a lot more next year!

Is it harder or easier from out of state?

Harder for OOS

You should be able to get similar grades this year- you should be ready for your AP classes. They are excellent preparation for the rigors of UW. Many students do well with AP classes and your HS will have prepared you for them. If your classroom grades are not stellar be sure to study hard for the AP exams and get mostly 5’s and some 4’s. That would make up for lesser grades in the classes. Figure out where you did not know the material and learn it.