Chances...?

<p>Female, NY
GPA: 3.6 unweighted
SATs: Were no good. ACT: 30
APs: Only AP US History....My school only offers 5 AP classes, 3 of which are sciences that I have no desire to take. I'm taking a college calculus class.
Some honors classes.
Class Rank:20/60 I go to a private school.</p>

<p>Extracurriculars: </p>

<p>Pep-Band & Wind Ensemble, Flute 9,10,11,12<br>
Cinema Club11,12<br>
Tennis Club 9<br>
Track and Field 9,10<br>
Golf Team 12<br>
School Travel Program; Paris & London<br>
Student Government 10,11,12<br>
National Honor Society Member</p>

<p>Volunteer work too. At least 100hrs over the past 4 years.
Part time job too.</p>

<p>Good recs & a decent essay.<br>
Should I apply ED to help my chances?</p>

<p>My daughter applied last year:</p>

<p>Class rank: 20th of 425;
Average: 98+
Five AP classes;
Lots of ECs: Several audition choral groups, competitions, captain of soccer team, volunteer work, NHS, etc, etc, etc....;
I received a letter from the Assistant Director of Admissions (I think that was his title) in response to my essay (part of the admissions process) about my daughter. The letter referenced my daughter's "outstanding academic achievements" and stated how he looked forward to presenting her to the selection committee.<br>
SAT's: 1260 plus 710 writing.</p>

<p>She was offered deferred admission.<br>
The SATs killed her.</p>

<p>Ughhh yuck. I hate that the standardized tests weigh their decisions so much.</p>

<p>That doesn't make any sense
I mean I know geneseo weighs SAT scores heaily and that has always annoyed me but their middle sat range for the class of 2011 was 1250-1390 which means 25% were accepted with a score lower than a 1260
are you sure they didnt just run out of room by the time they got to her application?</p>

<p>do they superscore SATs?</p>

<p>I saw that statistic also. I guess the 25% who were admitted with lower SAT scores had other desirable qualities. When we went for our information session (specifically for education majors), the woman who was running the session, when asked about admission criteria, said, "We look at the numbers."-meaning test scores. When my daughter was not accepted, her guidance counselor called Geneseo and was told the low SATs were the reason she was not admitted. Oh well!</p>

<p>What does "superscore" mean?</p>

<p>taking the best scores of each section not restricted to a single-sitting</p>

<p>yes they do that</p>