cr: 600
writing: 660</p>

<p>been playing violin for 9+ years
several other EC's</p>

<p>in....start packing up!!</p>

<p>you are in</p>

<p>Will you get into Purdue? Most Definitely</p>

<p>Will you like it here? Most Probably Not.</p>

<p>I am a junior in the school of Electrical Engineering. Purdue is good academically, but it lacks in ALL other areas, such as social life, weather, and the political environment. There isn't much to do in your free time other than a few clubs and organizations, where the attendance and motivation closely follow an exponential decay curve. </p>

<p>Purdue is a great place if you like to keep your head in the books and strictly follow the law. It is a straight-edged, conservative college in a small conservative town in a Midwestern conservative state, and the police here have nothing better to do than write minor consumption tickets. And I mean it. I've had friends who got busted after having one beer and now can't drink till they're 22. The female situation here is also pretty weak, especially in engineering.</p>

<p>As for the political situation, it is fairly liberal compared to the surrounding areas, but it is definitely conservative compared to other college campuses.</p>

<p>On the plus side, there are a lot of cool people here. There are a lot of students who like to have fun and meet new people, and I have made tons of friends in my two years here. And once you get out of Purdue, you are basically guaranteed a good job.</p>

<p>hey, i applied around october 26. I have a 3.125 and a 26 on my ACT. Even though i didn't do well fresh. and soph yr, I improved my grades greatly jnr yr with a 3.9.
Classes- Soph: hnrs bio, hnrs gemetry,....
jnr yr: Ap USH, hnrs spanish 2, and hnrs Algebra/Trig,....
snr yr: AP Calc, AP statistics, AP Gov., AP macroeconomics, AP bio, and english lit.
Extracurricular activities: president of FBLA, president of Model UN, Varsity Debate team, and JV gymnastics.....what do u guys think? do i have a shot?</p>

<p>You're in.</p>

<p>applied: 10/19
accepted: today (11/16)</p>

<p>thanks to everyone for your input</p>

<p>Lets put it this way. Purdue has an 80% acceptance rate. If you are close to their stats your in.</p>