Chances?

<p>Gender: Female
Ethnicity: Hispanic
School: Public very competitive high school, 3200ish students
GPA: Unweighted: 3.5, Weighted 4.06
8th Grade High School Credits
Honors Geometry, Honors Spanish 2, Art I
Freshman Yr.
Honors Native Speakers Spanish 2, Honors Biology, Honors English, Honors History, Honors Algebra II, Photography I, TV/Radio Production
Sophomore Yr.
Honors Native Speakers Spanish 3, Honors Chemistry, Honors English, Honors World History (no AP offered at sophomore level), Honors Trig, Honors Child Development
Junior Yr.
AB Calculus, Honors English (no AP offered at junior level), AP Spanish Native Speakers, Honors Advanced Journalism, AP US History, Honors Physics
Senior Yr.
Going to take AP Psychology, AP Spanish 5, Honors Senior Studies (a specialized course my school offers that incorporates intensive community service, English and history), Honors Sociology, Honors Advanced Journalism
ACT: 33
Taking SAT and SAT IIs in the Spring</p>

<p>EC:
Varsity cross country 9-12, Captain 12
Student Council 11-12
Soccer 9
Track 10
School newspaper 11-12
Contributor to town newspaper 11-12
Community Service Club 10-12
Going on a volunteer trip to the Appalachian Mountains next summer
100+ hours community service</p>

<p>Award:
All-Conference cross country freshman and sophomore years
Freshman and Sophomore Honor Society
Outstanding Achievement in Spanish</p>

<p>Job Exp: 15 hours a week at a restaurant</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Summer,</p>

<p>I don't really know how to "chance" people. However, you sound like a terrific person with solid stats & great EC's who would be competitive at many places. Of course being Hispanic will help you.</p>

<p>Did you visit CC and did you write a strong essay about exactly why you want CC?</p>

<p>I haven't visited CC yet and won't apply til next fall because I'm still only a junior. I plan on visiting sometime in April.</p>

<p>Oh, great, because I was confused by your grade 12 EC's listed, thought you were a senior.</p>

<p>You sound like a very competitive applicant. There is never any guarantee of admittance, but I think that you will be seriously considered here. </p>

<p>Definitely visit before attending (INCLUDING an overnight). I found the social life to be very unique.</p>

<p>Thanks so much</p>