Chances

<p>Hello I'm a high school junior and Colorado College is definitely my first choice. I love everything about it, but not quite sure if I have the grades.</p>

<p>gpa= 3.5
sat= 1800
act-28</p>

<p>really good extracurricular activities
decent recomendations
good essay</p>

<p>I know my grades aren't the best, but maybe having every else be really good will help?</p>

<p>I’d say you have a chance, but it’s definitely not a sure thing. WORK HARD to improve your grades for the rest of this year and for the beginning of senior year, and make sure you are taking a challenging courseload for senior year. Also, I’d retake both the SAT and the ACT to try to improve your scores, which I think are at least as problematic as your grades at this point.</p>

<p>Visit campus if you haven’t already, and do an interview; show them why CC is a good fit for you.</p>

<p>Finally, if (and only if) financial aid is not an issue, you should consider applying ED. If financial aid is an issue, consider applying EA. The admission rate at CC seems to be MUCH more favorable for ED and EA applicants than it is for RD.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Your grades aren’t necessarily too low. It depends on your school and course rigor. However, your SAT scores definitely are at the lower end of the range. Your ACT looks a little better (it is right at the CC 25th percentile mark). The good news about test scores is that (unlike your courses) you can re-take them.</p>

<p>The Colorado College admission rate is pretty low (around 1 in 4 in recent years). With test scores in the bottom 25th percentile (combined with less than perfect grades) it is likely to be a high reach. However, the admission process is “holistic”, so especially if you can raise those scores, and assuming you put together a good application (essays etc), it’s still worth a shot. Your chance is zero if you do not apply.</p>

<p>Show lots and lots of interest. Find a way to get to know your regional admissions rep by interviewing, and meetign them when they are in your area. If you think it is the only place for you…go ED…about a 40% acceptance rate compared to 25% RD. I was borderline and took one of their summer blocks the yer before I applied…showed all the interest I could…got in ED and have loved every minute of it. Go for it!</p>

<p>thats what i had and i got deferred… so i suggest you to increase act/sat scores (even try to take sat 2s.). also writing a good essay would help, except i dont know how much it would be because i thought i wrote really good one</p>