Changing into a nursing major

<p>Right now, I am a bio major at UCM. Its almost the last couple of days before the semester to end for my freshman year and I'm not passing my chemistry class. Due to this, the idea of becoming a doctor has changed and now I'm considering becoming a nurse. My school doesn't offer a nursing major/program. What should I do about this? What school should I consider transferring to: a UC or CalState?</p>

<p>Most BSN nursing programs require 2 semesters of college chemistry as well as several biology courses (anatomy, physiology, microbiology). If you really don’t want to have to take and do well in chemistry, nursing isn’t a good choice of major.</p>

<p>At the same time, nursing does require less chemistry than pre-med. Assuming you are admitting into a nursing program, you can move forward with a B- in chemistry vs. to get into med school, they may expect an A.</p>

<p>I’d schedule re-taking the chem class next semester (assuming it is a class that is needed for nursing), and look closely at the pre-reqs for the nursing programs you want to enter and try to get them done next semester. </p>

<p>Many California nursing programs are very competitive for admissions. Some students also apply to out of state colleges to increase their chances. </p>