ChemE Admissions

<p>I've been admitted to the COllege of Engineering. How do I get admitted to the ChemE program? How difficult is it to be admitted? What are my options if I'm not admitted? i don't want to commit to a school where I can't do Chem E.</p>

<p>Whoa- if you are an incoming freshman you have been admitted to the university as a whole, not a specific program/department/school/college. This means you can change your major at any point in your college career (although later changes may mean needing more time). It also means you are pre-engineering- you need to take prerequisite courses and have the required gpa in them to be admitted to your major. Check the UW engineering website to see which programs are most competitive- if Chem E is one of them that means there are usually many more qualified students interested than can be accommodated. If not all you need to do is to do well enough in your classes to be admitted to the major. If you have the ability and interest this should be no problem for you. If you can’t do well enough to major in any field you would need to rethink your choice no matter where you attend college.</p>

<p>Short answer- don’t worry. Have confidence in your ability. You are good enough to be admitted to UW and should be able to do the work.</p>