getting accepted into chemE

<p>Hi im currently a prospective chemical engineering student from massachusetts and i just had few questions. From what ive read about uwisc cheme program, it pretty much rivals mits program, but im a little worried about having to apply into your major at the end of your freshmen year. Supposedly biomedical enginering is the hardest to get into followed by chemical and mechanical engineering. Does anyone know how competetive it is to get into the chemE major? like is it a cutoff gpa so only those who rlly wouldnt be able to cut it in engineering are rejected or are there a lot of people who are good but are cut just because there is not enough space? I really love uwisconsin and it is my top choice but im really worried aout spending a year there and then not even getting into my top choice major. I honestly think i wouldnt have too much trouble getting into the program because i know how to think critically, have been successful in math/science ap cources so far, and have a very good work ethic but i still dont like the risk involved in applying to the chemE program. Sorry if it sounds like im bragging that was not my intention. If there are any current students or admission counselors that know the answers to my questions i would be extremely grateful for your response. Go Badgers!</p>

<p>Did you check out:</p>

<p>[FAQ</a> - College of Engineering @ University of Wisconsin Madison](<a href=“http://www.engr.wisc.edu/current/egr-current-undergraduate-faq.html#top]FAQ”>http://www.engr.wisc.edu/current/egr-current-undergraduate-faq.html#top)</p>

<p>My D has not mentioned any issues of people not getting in and she did not rush to apply, it is a really great prorgam nationally. And you know the old line in your first engineering class the professor says “look to your right then look to your left, only one of you will be an engineering student a year from now”. It is both dealing with the rigors of the work and students learning about other opportunities and picking the right major.</p>