Choosing between UCs for future med applicants

Hello everyone. I’m thinking about what UC to choose right now. I really want to choose a campus that has plenty of resources and programs for med schools. Right now, I’m thinking between UCSD and UCR. I know UCR is not as popular as UCSD but it has a program that doesn’t require mcat. Which would be best for me? Also I’m kind of scared that the competition at UCSD will be fierce, more than UCR. If anyone knows any good program for med school at other UCs, please tell me.
Thank you.

You want to attend a school where you have the best chance of achieving a High GPA, access to Medically related EC’s and that have excellent Pre-Medical advisor’s to help you prepare for the MCAT. Are finances an issue? Will one school cost less than the other?

If you are shying away from a competitive environment for Undergrad, it will only get more intense once you are in Medical school.

Yes. You are right. Thanks for advice. :slight_smile: Cost of attendance for both schools will be almost the same.

FYI: Being Pre-Med at any of the UC’s will be competitive especially for the Chem/Biology Pre-Req’s so select the school where you would be most happy attending. Happy students are successful students.

I’m visiting the campuses this spring break. Trying to figure out which school would be best for me. Hahah. Thank you!