Choosing dorms

<p>hey, could anyone give me some kind of general overview of each of the dorms? not like what the rooms are like or anything else that i could just look up on the website, but like the atmosphere and the kinds of people in each one? I'm pretty nerdy, definitely not preppy, and love movie marathons :) However, i also reeeeally like to party, so the standard quiet, studying type of dorm is probably not for me. or, if there's a website i just havent found yet with this info on it, you can just let me know and ill figure it out myself. thanks!!</p>

<p>Every dorm will be more than 50% freshmen so the population will change every year. You should make a list of what is important to you based on the differences you find in the UW Res Halls info. Location- Lakeshore or Southeast first. Highrise or not. Age, location relative to types of dining facilities (eg late night snacking or breakfast in a dining hall preferences). Read past dorm threads on the UW CC site. I have never heard that any dorm with freshmen in it is ultra quiet, nor is that the standard.</p>