Class of 2012, where are you applying to?

<p>when I was doing my college research/visiting, I found and heard from people who go there that vandy is not exactly blended, and people tend to end up grouping with their own group… it has a very rich preppy vibe. From what I saw, not a lot of blending if you know what I mean. I was going to do ED1 too but that changed my mind. I did ED2 to Emory, which is very similar to vandy except it’s more diverse and blended, instead and I really encourage all of you to really research the school and don’t just believe what the admission people/brochours/ gossip websites says. visit the schools but don’t just look at what the tour guy points out. I’m just saying…</p>

<p>Thanks for the input, ilikepizza. I didn’t really know much about Vanderbilt nor was I really interested it anyway. But I was curious. Since the social atmosphere is a big part of what I look for in a college, that’s a big turn off. And you’re right, there’s much more to a school than what the brochure says.</p>

<p>@ilikepizza: I live approx. 2 hours away from Vandy, and when I visited it did not have the rich preppy vibe. Our tour guide definitely fit that stereotype though lol, but my visit did not alter my perception of the school in any way. But thanks for the input!!
I initially thought about Emory. I guess it never hurts to add 1 more school to my list. :)</p>

<p>wow… looking back at this thread, it’s amazing how much my list has changed in a month LOL.</p>

<p>Fall 2011 can’t come soon enough. :)</p>

<p>bahaha. ressurected</p>

<h2>EA/ED</h2>

<p>UChicago
Northwestern</p>

<h2>RD</h2>

<p>Cornell
Boston College
NYU Stern
USC
Georgetown
UC Berkeley
UCLA ( I live in Los Angeles)</p>

<p>ahh thread resurrection. let’s see how much my list has changed haha.</p>

<p>EA/Scholarship:
USC (#1)
Loyola Marymount
Chapman
Santa Clara</p>

<p>RD:
Pomona
Vanderbilt
WUStL
CSU Long Beach</p>

<p>RESURRECTION :slight_smile: pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol. </p>

<p>ED:
Penn (the ivy)</p>

<p>EA:
MIT
NEU
UMass</p>

<p>EE/RD:
Swarthmore?
Bryn Mawr? (hehe this rhymes with Swarthmore)
Cornell
Wellesley
Smith
Lehigh</p>

<p>Haven’t decided on ED/EA yet but heres the big list:</p>

<p>Yale
Brown
Duke
Washington University in St. Louis
Columbia
Emory
University of Southern California
Macalester
UCLA
Pomona
University of Chicago</p>

<p>I have alot of reach schools but i need to find more safeties :/</p>

<p>^Have you considered local colleges? If you know what you’d d like to study, where you’d like to study, and your financial situation (or at least have some idea about any of the above), I’d be happy to give you some more suggestions. :)</p>

<p>UCBerkeley. No doubt.</p>

<p>I’m taking Chapman off my list. :)</p>

<p>@ksarmand</p>

<p>Well I’ve considered local colleges but they would be my last resort because I really don’t want to be super close to home (I live in Maryland btw). And as for what I want to study…well right now I’m interested in bio/chem and I might be interested in doing pre med but I’m not completely sure yet. And will most definitely be needing some type of financial aid lol.</p>

<p>so far…
Barnard College
Boston University
UC Davis (safety)
UC Irvine (safety)
UCLA
UC Riverside (safety)
UC San Diego
Claremont Mckenna College
Cornell
Pitzer
Scripps
Smith
USC (#1)</p>

<p>I’ll probably add like 3 more</p>

<p>Come on guys! You should all have Brown on your lists :D</p>

<p>Haha. I keep saying “this is my final list” BUT I’m for real for real for real that this is my final list. Heh.</p>

<p>USC (#1)
Pomona (close second)
Loyola Marymount (EA)
Northwestern
Washington University in St. Louis
Vanderbilt
George Washington
CSU Long Beach</p>

<p>here is my tentative list:
UC Berkeley
Stanford
USC
UC Irvine
ASU (safety)
Notre Dame</p>

<p>and well im still looking(:</p>

<p>Xavier LA
LSU
Howard
USC
MoreHouse</p>

<p>I love, love, LOVE Duke & Smith! I guess they’re part of the ambivalence in me- a small, LAC and then a larger, private research university…anyway, I know FOR SURE that I’ll be applying to these two. Oh yeah, and UGA/Ga Tech as my in-state safety schools (but I’d rather leave those two out;))</p>

<p>I LOVE SMITH <3</p>

<p>I’m doing ED to Smith, RD to Wellesley, UMass, and NEU. </p>

<p>Fingers crossed.</p>