***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

As some resorted to last year, I did search twitter just now and found one girl in Ohio (who goes to a school) saying she was called to the office and notified this morning that she made it. I don’t have what it takes to ask a random teen her PSAT score online. Sorry. (If anyone is on Twitter, I tried combinations of “national merit” and other words like “I’m” and “omg,” because teens

Just heard back from GC. He didn’t say either way but did say the kids usually know before they are called down. That doesn’t help any!

That’s sad news, @Hope2achieve. :frowning:

Some Kentucky students were notified today…

if anyone in Mississippi is notified, please let me know :slight_smile:

@commaroon What does that even mean, “they will know before they are called down”?

Parents must be checking in here and letting the kids know. @ci1718

KY official - thumbs up for 217. School notification.

Ah, gotcha! :slight_smile: @Hope2achieve

Congrats @KYCATSFAMILY!

AL=? (post #?, per GC/NMSC/HSL (homeschool letter)/other)
AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA=?
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL=?
GA=?
HI=?
ID=?
IL=?
IN=?
IA=?
KS=<=217 (post 707)
KY=?
LA=?
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MI= <= 213 (post 648 HSL)
MN=?
MS=?
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY=?
NC=?
ND=?
OH=?
OK=?
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN=?
TX=?
UT=?
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

Commended (national cutoff) = 202?

KY - not KS :slight_smile:

Before anyone freaks out, we expect Kentucky to be in the 210 range based on two posters’ predictions. 217 is just a starting point. If you have a 210 to a 216 in Kentucky, stay tuned.

219 in NY

@czarpeter

Thanks for the post. That is the most meaningful data point thus far as it is near the recent/predicted score. My data pointed to a 218.5. Also nice to see that the cutoff score isn’t higher than 2 years ago. NY has been virtually identical to TX the past 4 years, so that interests me also. Thanks again.

Also, @czarpeter are you saying that 219 makes it in NY or that 219 is the cutoff (because you know of 218’s who didn’t make it)? I am assuming the former.

OK, I am just a bystander having gone through this last year with my D. I was just trying to help you all along but already made a mistake! :slight_smile: Anyway, mistake fixed and now I’m hands off. Good luck!

AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA=?
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL=?
GA=?
HI=?
ID=?
IL=?
IN=?
IA=?
KS=?
KY=<=217 (post 707)
LA=?
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MN=?
MS=?
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY=?
NC=?
ND=?
OH=?
OK=?
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN=?
TX=?
UT=?
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

@WRUAustin
First of all, thanks for your predictions this whole summer. I’ve really appreciated them.
I scored a 219. I don’t know of any 218s and their results. Hope that helps.

@czarpeter

Congratulations to you! (sometimes it isn’t always clear to me when the person is a parent or a student). I’m glad the predictions helped. They helped put my own mind at ease to a large degree.

Updating NY based on @czarpeter 's report

AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA=?
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL=?
GA=?
HI=?
ID=?
IL=?
IN=?
IA=?
KS=?
KY=<=217 (post 707)
LA=?
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MN=?
MS=?
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY= <= 219 (post #714 student report)
NC=?
ND=?
OH=?
OK=?
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN=?
TX=?
UT=?
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

Can someone who has been through it tell me a little bit more about the essay? Am assuming my senior will be fine with a 228 in Texas, but he’s a slow writer who is currently overwhelmed with college essays. I want to put it on his to-be-thinking about list.