***Class of 2016 NMSF/NMF Qualifying Scores

@wabell

You made the statement that it looks like cutoffs are staying the same or higher. I don’t think we can say that yet. I think the only cutoff that we have is for Oklahoma and it is a smaller state and their cutoff numbers bounce around a bit.

I think it will be close for WA at 218. I have a R2 (goodness of fit) for WA at 0.97. That’s a really good correlation. The projected value for the cutoff is 218.3.

Don’t give up hope yet…

I will be puzzled if we don’t start seeing some more information this afternoon.

Yes, beginning to wonder about no reports from Texas. Very odd!

@WRUAustin, thank you ! It will make my daughter’s day if it is 218.

Would you post the list of schools that you know of that offer nice packages, and whether or not the school has to be early decision or first choice or not to get the package, if you know?

Waiting in WA also at 219, last years cutoff. I gave in and emailed the counselor today (first day of school, I know, obnoxious.) She said she hasn’t received any info yet, so either she’s irritated with me and playing coy, or the mail is slow here.

nj is almost always the highest state, did anyone in nj hear yet?

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/national-merit-scholarships/649276-nmf-scholarships-an-updated-compilation.html#latest

@Charlie295 here is thread with that info.

@charlie295 nmfscholarships.yolasite.com

@jklinge if you hear what the cutoff is, please post. Our counselor is keeping mum too.

I wish they would take pity on us and share what they know already. Sigh.

Last year, my older daughter knew a week before her school told her from College Conf. that she was a Semi Finalist. My younger one is really on the bubble and is very anxious. She is taking sibling rivalry a bit too far.

Just received word! 213 made it in Idaho. (homeschool)

Updating ID based on @hsmomof3 's report

AL=? (post #?, per GC/NMSC/HSL (homeschool letter)/other)
AK=?
AZ=?
AR=?
CA= <=223 (post #726) letter to principal
CO=?
CT=?
DE=?
DC=?
FL=?
GA=?
HI=?
ID= <=213 (post #811) HSL
IL=?
IN= <=218 (post #772) letter to school
IA=?
KS=?
KY=<=217 (post 707)
LA=?
ME=?
MD=?
MA=?
MI= <= 213 (post 648 HSL)
MN=?
MS=?
MO=?
MT=?
NE=?
NV=?
NH=?
NJ=?
NM=?
NY= <= 219 (post #714 student report)
NC=?
ND=?
OH=?
OK=208 (post #750) cutoff informed by principal
OR=?
PA =?
RI=?
SC=?
SD=?
TN=?
TX=?
UT=?
VT=?
VA=?
WA=?
WV=?
WI=?
WY=?

Commended (national cutoff) = 202?

in florida - school usually has 20-30 semi finalists, but GC has not communicated anything at all yet.

Responding to post 713. What does “219” mean? Is that the score your child got? If so, was that score below or beneath the cutoff? Just posting a random number with no other explanation is tremendously helfpful to anyone.

Thanks!

I’m sorry, should be “…is NOT tremendously helpful…”

@96redse5sp Be happy someone is reporting their score in the forum. Don’t whine. If it is not clear, read the posts below that to see if someone else asked anything about it.

@96redse5sp Post 713 was from a student in New York who scored 219 and found out it was enough for semifinalist status. Student later posted that he/she did not know if that was also the cutoff score. Last year, NY cutoff for semifinalist was 218.

Sorry. I read all the posts afterward and didn’t see any clarification.

Not whining. Just seeking some clarification.

And there is no reason to be “happy” to hear what someone’s score is, without any explanation one way or another.