Class of 2020 Nursing admissions

Hi!! I’m so sorry I saw this so late! My stats were:

Freshman year GPA: 4.0 (unweighted)
Sophomore year GPA: 4.0 (unweighted)
Junior year GPA: 4.6 (4.0 unweighted)
Senior year GPA first semester: 4.8 (4.0 unweighted)
SAT: 2210
ACT: 34
I took a few Subject tests (Spanish and US History) and got a 5 on the AP US History AP test, and I took English Honors and Spanish Honors as well as AP Biology and AP US History. I am currently taking AP Statistics, AP Composition and Literature, AP Human Geography and International Relations, AP Goverment and Economics, and Physiology and Anatomy

In terms of extra-curriculars, I am varsity speech and debate captain and I run cross country and also did track and field, and was a coxswain on the rowing team. I tutor other kids on the ACT and SAT, babysit, tutor junior high kids in math, and shadowed at a clinic that primarily serves low-income immigrant TB patients as well as several Neonatal Intensive Care Units. I got my Gold Award in Girl Scouts when I did a project with low-income students at a local preschool and taught them about nutrition and made a multi-cultural cookbook and published it with all their family recipes. I’m really active in my church, and was a leader in youth group, worked in the nursery, and taught Sunday School, as well as doing service things like helping out at the homeless shelter/foster dinners. I also spoke at a UAS (drone) conference at UC Davis about agriculture as part of a project funded by NASA that my debate team did to fundraise.
My UC essays were about how having brain surgery at age 13 changed the course of my life (but for the better!) and then another about being a sperm donor kid and how my that and my faith were responded to differently in the college town I grew up in.

I love UCLA and personally never regretted turning down UPenn just because UCLA was so much more affordable and is honestly such a good place to be- it’s very positive and collaborative and super happy! 13/10 would recommend.

Best of luck to all of you - feel free to DM if you have any questions (I’m more likely to see it :slight_smile: )