Class of 2024 Admissions Decisions

How did you find out about the Volunteer Scholarship? Is it in the acceptance letter?

Yes the letter stated the scholarship and the amount

My son’s merit award was in his admissions notification and also later in the mail.

So, for all of you that have been accepted, who has committed and paid the enrollment fee?

Got accepted today!! My first choice was the College of Nursing but they said they’re still reviewing applications for that so I got in with my second choice major instead

Was accepted today! Chemistry at the college of Arts and Sciences.
OOS, 3.8 gpa weighted, 15 honors 2 AP, 2 jobs

accepted on 11/20 into second choice major, still waiting on the college of nursing as they are reviewing applications

Accepted back in October
College of Arts and Sciences

OOS- California
GPA: 3.86
ACT: 30
Lots of activities and volunteer programs
Volunteer scholarship

Daughter accepted! Haslam Business

Rank top20% but small school 18/125
SAT 1310
GPA weighted 4.42 unweighted 3.81 (cumulative)

OOS MA
Gender F
Major: Finance
6 AP’s 17 Honors School only allows AP in Jr and Sr year
EC: National Finalist DECA, Varsity cheer captain 4 yrs, Varsity volleyball 4 years, Varsity Softball 2 years, Executive board, AP scholar, Leadership Positions and PT job

Volunteer Scholarship and Invite to Honors
Very good scholarship makes this school near the top choice so far

Good luck all

My D is in the same boat. Waiting for answer from Nursing.

Accepted
SAT: 1530 (790 ERW 740 Math)
GPA: 3.5
Essay: About my parents struggle as immigrants and a reflection between our shared lessons as well as its effect in motivating me in success and opportunities they did not have - very well received by a couple Princeton educated teachers and a Columbia University Dean if that indicates anything
EC: 4 year varsity fencing (captain), 3 years lacrosse (2 years JV/Varsity), 2 jobs, professional level youth jazz programs/serious general music studies (saxophone) since age 10 with specific performances at locations such as Lincoln Center and have played with/been taught by Grammy winning and nominated/professional recording artists, Model UN, Debate, Student Liaison with local district Board of Education, Student Culture Magazine, and a volunteering club
OOS NJ (US Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen)
Major: Economics/Finance
College: Haslam Business
18 Honours and 2 AP classes (only taken senior year)
Applied EA October 28
Admitted November 20

Son just received an email that he was admitted to the Haslam Business School. Applied on 11/1. Received $6K in merit.

ACT/SAT: 1280
GPA/Rank: 4.2 W & 3.54 UW - 92 of 462 (Top 20%)
Extra curricular: International Baccalaureate & 3 APs - w/lots of sports/clubs/NHS/work exp
State Residency: MD
Ethnicity/Gender: Male

Confused question about the acceptances so far. Did everyone apply early action? My OOS son applied regular decision but happened to submit the application at the same time as his EA schools, in the second week of November. He didn’t even know there were rolling admissions at Delaware. Is the Rolling part just for EA? The school webiste is pretty quiet about all this. He hasn’t heard anything, but now I can’t imagine if he’d waited until mid January, which is what the stated due date is! Thanks, and congratulations to all who have been accepted so far.

@12kids Tennessee has rolling admissions. Are you thinking of a different university?

@rbc2018, whoops, I thought this was the Delaware thread! (Son also applied to Tennessee and clearly I’m following too many posts). Thanks :slight_smile:

My daughter just got the dreaded “supplemental review” email. Her SAT’s are suspect but her resume is very legitimate. She will actually graduate with an Associate’s Degree from a community college two weeks before she even graduates high school. I know this seems backwards but it is the nature of the program she is enrolled in. I am not sure she could have shown much more rigor in her academics. She has a 4.2 weighted GPA and top 17% of her class with tons of EC’s…but again, a suspect SAT. I feel bad for her as I truly believe that standardized test is going to hold her back. Has anybody else received the supplemental review email? Thanks!

I would think she will get in. Many of the schools like UGA and USC just look at test scores and grades for EA as they dont have time to do a full review. Hopefully her essay was good. Maybe should could try to take the SAT in Dec. to raise her score a bit. Good Luck to her

@emptynestpls while it’s exciting for my daughter that she has been accepted to UTK, she is waiting to hear back from more schools before committing. She will likely visit again as well before making a decision. I think February is when we hope to commit to a school. Hopefully that won’t be too far behind for housing.

Regarding the housing commitment, what are others doing if maybe UTK is your second choice and you are waiting on another school?

We have accepted, enrolled, and completed housing and found roommate. UTK was his 3rd or 4th choice, until he was accepted and did a lot more research on the campus, the supply chain degree, etc. At that time it became his first choice and we invested. We still have several schools we are waiting on decisions, but he’s already said he doesn’t care, even if they are higher ranked- he’s made his decision.