Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

This ^^^. Stop over thinking. Part of getting in is luck!

So, good luck ??.

If we still donā€™t have an X as a deferred applicant, are the chances slim? Iā€™m just confused since 1.)not everybody has sent in their continued letter of interest and 2.) they havenā€™t gotten first semester grades yet. The X theory was correct for EA students, but Iā€™m just questioning itā€™s ā€œvalueā€ for the deferred students.

@schmendy27 since no postponed applicants on CC have the X so far I think either it is too early or it has been resolved and will not work for RD. I know my son will keep checking though.

If the X holds true and students have an X this wave - wouldnā€™t it also cover those waitlisted students too? Iā€™m thinking they request Final Transcripts from those students as well.

@MSeifer I donā€™t think they would ask waitlisted students to provide final grades until they are off the waitlist. They also donā€™t historically waitlist anyone until the 4/1 wave I believe. We have known students in past years who were deferred EA only to be waitlisted in Aprilā€¦and some denied in Aprilā€¦

@knowstuff is right there is a bit of luck in this process as well.

You would be asked for final transcripts once off the wait list to make it an official acceptance.

if my first semester grades arenā€™t finalized yet, should I email my admissions counselor or just wait until they are and then send them?

@PurpleLlama066
I would wait and as soon as mid-term grades are ready have the counselor send them.

Call Michigan and ask5 them. The deadline is February 1st. Ask them for advice. Talk to school counselor and make sure they know the deadline for this

I contacted them and the officer told me that grades can come in any time even after Feb 1st, as they know school terms finish at different times.

Nice. I still think an email to admissions /AO just letting them know they will be there after Feb 1st would be good.

Is the wave on the 31st big? How many applicants will hear back?

Hi I am new here. following this thread for long. My S is an EA applicant.
Anybody decision view has Wait listed option or all have decision postpone only? Want to difference between bothā€¦
FYIā€¦My S has decision postpone and I do not see X sign or Final transcript line on his portal. Little worried now as Michigan is his first choice.

No one knows the exact size of the wave, but if CC can be used as a small sample, both the February and March waves were about the same size.

If thereā€™s about 65,000 apps (last 2 years) total and there have been about 7,500-8,000 EA acceptances, then thereā€™s probably about 50,000 +/- students (Iā€™m assuming some have been rejected already) thatā€™ll need a decision in these forthcoming waves, if prior history is similar to this year.

IMO, the first three waves are big.

umich just emailed me saying that ā€œAn update has been posted to Enrollment Connect.ā€ but i just logged in and nothing has changed? should i be concerned?

@cathruss. Why would this be a bad thing? In a day or so see if there is something else they need like grades etc. If not sure email admissions and ask then let us knowā€¦ ?

If first-wave comes out on the 31st/1st, is there a possibility Preferred Admission Ross applicants could be accepted into both schools on the same day? Or would it have to be the following wave?

Since you were postponed/deferred, your Ross Preferred admission decision will delayed (past 1/31) as well.

https://michiganross.umich.edu/undergraduate/bba/admissions/faqs

OK, Iā€™m in a tough situation, and some reassurance or guidance on what to do next would be appreciated. I was deferred from UMich with a 3.976 UW GPA. Iā€™ve gotten all As and a few A minuses throughout high school so far. Unfortunately, this semester (due to an uncompromisable teacher) Iā€™m finishing a class with a C+ and another with a B. I also have 5 other Aā€™s and one A- first semester. Iā€™m asking because of my midyear report. I did the math, and my UW cumulative GPA will fall to around a 3.92, which I am fine with UMich seeing. However, how do you think UMich will view a C+ and a B when there were no other ones on my transcript? Will they automatically say itā€™s too much of a big drop and reject me? I was really hoping on getting accepted in the 2/1 wave, but now Iā€™m pretty confident Iā€™m looking at a rejection because of this. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

@kakashi27 Umich doesnā€™t require fall grades from all deferred applicants, but strongly recommends that everyone send them. I would probably check whether or not UMich requires fall grades from you in particular (check your applicant portal/email your admissions rep) and then make the decision whether or not to send them in.