Class of 2024 Regular Decision Thread

“A Friend Account is a U-M guest account, which allows applicants to access certain U-M systems prior to receiving an admission decision. Friend Account logins are used for a number of services around campus, including Financial Aid and applications to certain scholarships and programs”

@schmendy27
I’m not sure if it’s necessary to create these accounts yet.

I just noticed the “Friend Account” tab on my portal today. I submitted my LOCI but not my fall grades yet. I have a feeling it doesn’t mean anything, but I could be wrong!

Does anyone understand how/why to use the Friend Account?

@iEngineerThings not sure! i have it too now. hope it means something good!

@hmilo394 I’m with ya on that! :slight_smile:

https://admissions.umich.edu/application-status

It goes over the friend account

I have it too! @sushiritto what do you think it means? Hoping it is a good sign! Also, does anyone have the X this round (for people that applied early?)

A friend account is just a guest account used in different departments. Maybe this is the “X” tell? But it would be unlikely that 100% of the people would have it if it was significant… Right…

What your going to be seeing the next few days is the system updating. You know there is a large wave Feb 1st… So the system going through maintenance and updates during this time. It is getting ready to give you hopefully a positive acceptance ?.

As far as the continued interest thing… Maybe another tell? But most likely they want to know if your still interested. So… If you are… Follow the rules and fill it out and send it. If your not then don’t… Nothing more then that.

Wishing everyone the best ???.

As much as I want the Friend Account to be a sign, my gut is telling me that it doesn’t mean anything given how no one has mentioned not having it. I would love to be pleasantly wrong, though :slight_smile:

I am thinking that the friend account is JUST for people that will be getting notified Feb 1, but who knows we may all be wrong! Does anyone on here not have it?

Yes, you and the others may be right. The “friend account” could mean nothing.

But here’s my counterpoint and maybe wishful thinking. The 1st wave last year, February 1st/2nd, was ALL acceptances for those here on CC. And coincidently, the applicants that frequent CC are all really smart and have high stats, no? :wink:

Where’s that “Hmmm” emoji? :smiley:

Back in 2017, if you applied you were given a friend account to track that all requirements of application had been received by the university - including FAFSA, SAT/ACT, etc… In those days, you could check your friend account to find your acceptance status too when posted.

Are we thinking some results come out on the 31st or the 1st? Does UMich release decisions on weekends?

Yes and yes ?

Our high school won’t have 1st semester transcripts ready until Feb. 3; I suppose this means the decision will likely be delayed until the March wave?

Just send them when you have them. In the past some people got accepted without them. I wouldn’t expect that this year.

From another poster, Michigan is well aware not every applicant gets their grades at the same time or before February 1st.

Deferred applicants can receive an acceptance without requested transcript updates. Last year’s thread had examples of such accepted students.

Did deffered students received decision sooner than RD students?

I have the friend account and now have my hopes up lol thank you

I know this is bad but I’m praying somebody says they don’t have the friend account… oops