Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

I think just very high stats kids are hearing now. Everyone else will hear in mid-February.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if Clemson will allow students to change their application status to test optional after scores were submitted? I am worried that sending scores was a mistake, based on admissions I’m seeing at other colleges.

1 Like

I do think a lot of the country does not truly understand how shut down a lot of regions were for a long time. We had the test canceled the week of and once less than two days before the date, it’s incredibly discouraging for these kids. By the time my daughter got to her test after four tries, she didn’t have the energy to prepare anymore

7 Likes

Agreed. After several cancellations and finally getting a time in mid October, I told my daughter to forget it and focus on the essay. So, she never took it. I hope my advice doesn’t hurt her.

1 Like

what about biology (B.S)?

I didn’t realize that people still could not easily take the SATs. I was easily able to take them twice the end of my junior year and once in the beginning of this year. I had no idea that people were still having such a,problem. I learn so much from these threads.

Dd accepted today. In state. Nursing. Ecstatic !

5 Likes

Yay! Tell her congrats and thank her for going into nursing!

1 Like

Congrats!! What were her stats if willing to share?

1 Like

Agree. Inflated GPAs are the norm. It is ridiculous. And no one can write a paper anymore either. Just talking about this with my freshman at UGA who has dyslexia and writing is not his strong suit. Apparently he is a writing superstar - strong writing curriculum at a private school and has been writing research papers since middle school. He said peer reviews during his freshman english class were ridiculous. I know there are inherent biases in test scores but it is the great equalizer among schools and GPAs.

8 Likes

In Northern CA it has been extremely challenging. Scheduled tests would cancel, move testing venues (hours away) last minute, one of my daughter’s tests was canceled due to the fires in Tahoe (the closest test option we could get which would have been a 2.0 hour drive). The only test that was easy enough to come by is the one her private high school (Catholic school) hosted at the end of her junior year and only students of the school were allowed to sit for it. Tests are now a little easier to come by but her applications are in, she wraps up her first semester finals tomorrow, and she is fried!

4 Likes

DD accepted today into business. In-state 4.9, 31. 10 APs.

4 Likes

Congratulations. Last year’s acceptance rate was 5.2% per the Charleston Post & Courier’s article.

1 Like

DD accepted yesterday to nursing program! We are thrilled for her!! Sadly from everything I read, the merit dollars are usually not very generous so I fear it will make Clemson out of range financially for us. And we don’t hear about merit award until March.

OOS, 4.5GPA, 34 ACT. Class rank 21 out of 345. Many APs and extracurriculars.

2 Likes

Congratulations, expect merit to be between $8000 - $12,000 (what is her unweighted gpa?).

1 Like

4.0 unweighted

I’d guess $10,000 (my daughter had one B and 33 and got 8). Good luck!

Congratulations! Did you receive and email update or check portal?

My son was deferred to Auburn and UT as well. He submitted test scores and w
as told by admission counselor that is why he was deferred. It is crazy. He should have applied without them. Just crazy!

1 Like

She received an email that her portal status had been updated, logged in and got the “congratulations” and confetti

1 Like