Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

when do you guys think out of state is coming out?

is she in state or out of state?

What were his scores? Son sent in a 1310 to Clemson and now wondering if we should have gone TO. 3.8 Uw OOS. Tons of kids at his school have applied.

I have the same stats as your son. I sent my scores but the more I read on different threads maybe I should of went TO too. My rank is high and my weighted GPA is a 5.4

Are they sending out in state first and then out of state? This is all so confusing!

1 Like

Not from what I can tell, based on what I have seen on here and that we are OOS and my daughter got her acceptance about a week ago into the Engineering college. It does appear that they continue to roll out acceptances on periodic basis even though most applied Early, so I assume one could hear something at anytime up thru February.

2 Likes

Thanks! My sonā€™s application was complete on October 18th so weā€™re hoping to hear before mid-February.

1 Like

Same here. I wish we could change my daughterā€™s application status to TO. Based on what Iā€™m seeing from other colleges sheā€™s applied to, they seem to be eliminating the lower scores to keep their middle 50% data as high as possible. Unfortunately, now that everyone with scores in the 1100s and 1200s did not submit, our 1300+ scores are the new low end. I fear this puts us in the category of alternate admissions (summer start, etc), so they get admitted, but their scores donā€™t get factored into the data reporting for the Fall 22 class. Itā€™s just a theory, and I sure hope Iā€™m wrong.

2 Likes

My daughter received her acceptance for the college of engineering, out of state. The acceptance said she will receive a scholarship in March, but Iā€™m not sure how much to expect. 1400/31 Eagle Scout, crew team MVP, AP classes etcā€¦ very similar resume to the rest of those accepted. Any ideas? I am just hoping for an in state rate because that is what we saved for. We are going to have to tighten up if it is less. She applied in late October.

I hope thatā€™s not the case. They advised submitting your scores if you are the range from Freshman 21 class profile. My son is dead middle of average. He submitted them for admissions. I hope 1300 isnā€™t considered low now.

I hope Iā€™m wrong, too. I guess time will tell!

Congrats to your daughter and her accomplishments. Well Done!

So, when our older daughter (now 23, UF Grad Civil Engineering) was accepted at Clemson in 2015 OOS tuition was around 33K and she was offered 16K in merit, so net 17k. Fast forward to this summer and current daughter tours campus and the Admissions counselor lays out the current numbers at approximately 40K for OOS tuition and with her GPA and ACT scores using last years Merit numbers she can expect between 8K to 12K of Merit (2022 net tuition would be 28K to 32K), but the counselor does say that they have not received approval from the state legislature and that might change for the better. So, she applied and was accepted into Engineering with Merit (March announcement) and now we wait to see where things land.

Please understand this is only our anecdotal experience and things could be different for others or as they say, your mileage may vary.

Btw, what field of engineering does your daughter want to study?

My daughter 3.9 7 AP 33 act got $8000 last year. The max was $12,000.

Is that the norm for all schools? High stat students hear first? I can not figure out how these decisions are sent because definitely is not by app date.

1 Like

any word?

Based on what Iā€™ve been seeing, I think thatā€™s the case.

App Date seems unrelated. Obviously, the sooner you apply the sooner (ish) your application will be read but even that isnā€™t a perfect correlation.

It seems to be high stat kids with (almost more importantly) uncapped majors that find out now. For example, I havenā€™t heard of one sports coms kid finding out (they only take about 20 kids from what Iā€™ve been told)

1 Like

Clemson does what Clemson doesā€¦they do focus on the high stats initially since there are some scholarship rounds.

Some other state schools do make offers of admission to top students first as they invite kids to apply for scholarships, but they are more transparent about it.

Clemson can be elusive to radio silent at times, but one thing is for certain if you do not apply before their cut off for merit considerationā€¦there will not be much consideration. Their later posted application due dates are confusing to applicants who do not realize they needed to apply months before to be considered for any merit or additional need based aid, if they have some that year. Each year I wonder why they have that May 1 application dateā€¦just checked, there this year, too.

Wondering if many of the early admitted students also applied honors college?

2 Likes

App date is not a factor for decision timing.

Nursing is a capped major and it takes about 175 students per year - several acceptances thus far on the blog.

Note: application date IS used for housing selection should you enroll. Thatā€™s why lots of kids apply 12:01 AM on 8/15 to be high on housing list. My understanding is kids can select dorm, floor, corner room etc when itā€™s their turn.

3 Likes