Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Like many have said, $12k/yr was the max merit last year. Those awards are few and far between even for the early Nov admits this year. Expect more in the range of $4k-$6k. Clemson had 48,000 applications this year so it’s wildly popular. Yes, surrounding schools give much more - it won’t reconcile with those so simply don’t try . It is what it is, but there’s something in those hills and kids love it there. Exciting but stressful times. Good luck everyone.

6 Likes

48,000 :flushed: I’m going to be a basket of nerves until the 15th now lol

1 Like

Agree about the state scholarships and Clemson. They offer them as if they’re financial aid to Clemson, but they can be used at other schools including private. My Clemson son got $1500/year extra for being Palmetto and another $1500/yr extra for being salutatorian of his class. Lab and Honors College fees basically eat that up. Yet Clemson applications continue to rise and it continues to be a sought after school, including (particularly?) for out of state students. So no motivation to do anything differently.

3 Likes

Not sure. I know Graphic Communication is uncapped but not sure about just normal coms.

Does anyone know if Clemson still gives additional scholarships based on scores? I read somewhere there used to be a presidential scholarship where scores on the ACT 32 and up received more scholarships.

My 33 got nothing extra last year.

2 Likes

how did you find out that they have that many applicants already? I thought that data wasn’t reported until the following year.

1 Like

has anyone heard back who is out of state and test optional?

1 Like

Nope. Still waiting but not feeling super hopeful. Clemson was a bit of a reach for my daughter.

3 Likes

Mine too. OOS tried to send mid year grades they said they won’t use them. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’d always heard they wouldn’t look at first semester grades also. My daughter had her school’s post-grad center send an official transcript anyway. I figured it couldn’t hurt, although doubtful anyone will ever see it unfortunately.

Does anyone know anything about admitted student days ?

When I visited Clemson last year, a lot of the students that got in visited campus within a few days of getting in

Is anyone here familiar with the Lyceum Scholars Program? Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

They won’t release those dates until after the actual Admission Notification Date on February 15th. Hardly any of the class of 2026 has even been admitted yet.

2 Likes

Same here. OOS, no test scores and 3.98UW for Nursing.

When you get accepted, there is a Visits/Events tab where you can sign up for a Future Tiger Campus tour for admitted students, given outside only, by student guides. They are M, W, F in Feb and March, and M, F in April. 3 guests of the student allowed from same house. We did not see anything Business-school specific yet, or larger Admitted Student Days on the portal. Maybe they will be posted later.

2 Likes

Thank you ! We’ve gotten admitted student day information from a few other schools (South Carolina and Auburn) so was just curious. We did the tour last spring / summer.

1 Like

We toured in early fall and my contact at the university told me that they expected to have the Admitted Students dates released shortly after the EA date. But honestly, it seems like they are constantly changing timelines so who knows when dates may get released! I expect the unexpected these days!

has anyone gotten any decisions? also, does anyone know what day / time students got their decisions last year?