Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Last year decisions were released on February 15 at exactly 6pm.

1 Like

If you read through this thread it looks like a number of high stats students were accepted.

1 Like

Does anyone know of anyone who has been admitted recently? Do we think their will be another round of admissions before the Feb 15th date?

In past years they released a round in between the holiday and the batch in feb but I haven’t heard of anyone meaning that a) the people who got in aren’t on CC (we tend to overestimate the sample size we have here) or b) they didn’t this year. Ethier way, I doubt we get another batch between now and mid feb.

They did feb 15 @ 6 pm last year but that was also a Monday. I think Monday the 14th (some schools keep the day of the week the same) or the 15th at 6pm is most likely. Honors also says feb 15 so inclined to think that 

2 Likes

so is the release date feb 15th for sure? or is it just speculation

Technically it’s just speculation. I’d say >95% chance it’s Feb 15, but if not, the surrounding days

The Lyceum Scholars Program website has a ton of information. It is a highly selective process where prospective students submit an application and the top candidates are invited to interview before being chosen. My daughter is a Lyceum Scholar and she is one of 10 who were selected out of over 600 applications. I believe they have now expanded the program to include 20 students each year, but I am not 100% positive on that. Many/Most of the Lyceum Scholars have very high academic scores, but it does seem that intellectual curiosity is what the program is really looking for in the application process. Some of the initial candidates selected for the program end up choosing different colleges, so it can take a while for some students to get invited (I don’t know if there is an official waitlist, but there is essentially a secret waitlist). The $10K scholarship is broken out into $2.5K per year. The classes are a little bit harder than the non-Lyceum equivalents, but it seems they are pretty generous with A’s if the students show a good effort. The Socratic Tutors and having a class every semester with the same group of cohorts is what make the program really special. These students really get to know their professors and each other. Great for letters of rec for grad school and a good network going forward.

3 Likes

Clemson’s website says admissions decisions are received on 2/15/22 for students who completed their applications by 12/31/21.

Thank you. This is great information.

1 Like

Was there an interview process or was it just through the Lyceum application?

Hi, I am OOS and applied in October. I am still awaiting a decision. I applied Health Sciences Pre-Professional and am a little confused if that is capped or not since it is pre-professional? If it is capped, will my alternate major be considered just as much as my first choice? My alternate is Criminal Justice B.S.

1 Like

I’m not sure about that specific major, but if you are denied from a capped major they will consider you for your alternate equally

2 Likes

Did anyone update their SRAR? Our high school will send a mid year transcript directly to Clemson but I wasn’t sure is grades should also be self reported in SRAR. Do you think first semester grades will be reviewed at this point?

On the ZeeMee chats, a student mentioned that admissions told her decisions will hopefully be rolling out next week. Unsure if this is true but thought I’d pass it on!

5 Likes

I sent midyear to Clemson. They wrote back they won’t look at them.

Same here. Sent mid-year grades in, got a very nice email back saying they would not consider them. It was worth a try. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really hope this is true
. This has been a long wait!

Sure has! My DD applied beginning of August!! This is crazy!

1 Like

Agreed. Remember that Clemson doesn’t close the application until Dec 1 – a month later than most EA/Priority deadlines (Nov 1) – so it makes sense that decisions would come back a month later (mid-Jan compared to mid-Feb). As someone who applied in August, it’s a long wait, but they are taking just as much review time as anyone else.

1 Like