Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

My brother applied via common app. Does Clemson look at the personal essay even though they don’t require it? Same for the additional info on common app?

Do Honors applicants hear back sooner? or only the kids with really high stats?

1 Like

Typically, yes they here back sooner.

1 Like

Clemson admissions are stats driven; this is the C7 breakdown to give you an idea of importance. The first round of acceptances typically go out the last week of Oct/first week of November with subsequent waves through December and January. The waves typically start with the highest stat applicants through the lower end of the higher stats. The early release acceptances typically receive merit scholarships, although there have been some who received them with the February acceptances. The general application and the honors college applications are separate and are reviewed by different departments. The HC app is more holistic and considers ECs, etc once a certain stats threshold has been met.

4 Likes

Do they update the application portal with decision before receiving the packet in the mail?

1 Like

Mail was a mess last year between November and February. D21 and others found out on the portal first. It was also a new Portal last year for Clemson I believe.

I think they like to get the mailing out first.

3 Likes

My son is a junior in the HC at Clemson. I can only speak to our experience, but he received his Tigertown Bound packet Thanksgiving weekend of the year he applied. So while most packets are mailed in February, your son certainly could hear something much sooner. Included was a letter stating he would be awarded merit money from Clemson in addition to Palmetto Fellows, but no amount was listed. The amount of merit scholarships was listed in the portal in February. HC acceptances we’re separate and all released on the same day in February that year. Things may have changed in the past few years, but that was our experience. Best of luck to your son!

2 Likes

Pleased their priority deadline is December 1st. We have not gotten around to submission yet - too many other applications in play, which are due November 1st.

Not to get you nervous or add to any stress, but if your child is interested in the honors college at Clemson there is a Nov 1 deadline for the first round. They have to do the college application to then get in the portal to complete the honors college parts.

It is confusing on their site.
Honors College App due
November 1st (11:59 p.m. EST)

Required materials submitted by the 15th.

There is a later round as well, but to be considered for the National Scholars Program, applicants must apply to Clemson and the Honors College by the first deadlines.

1 Like

Oh my! Thank you!!

1 Like

The deadlines changed from last year and they are buried.

If they have other college applications in the works this one is not hard to pull together.

1 Like

Another thing is that housing choice priority is based on when the application is submitted. It’s a live selection, like buying concert tickets, they are given a date and time.

1 Like

My daughter just got her acceptance today! With merit award in March!

6 Likes

My son did too. Got email about half an hour ago with status update. Any idea when we find out how much the merit is? Congrats to your D.

2 Likes

Congratulations was it in her portal?

Yes. It was in portal

1 Like

Congratulations! My daughter got a status update about 20 minutes ago, but I do not have access to her account. I was hoping that it was an admissions decision!

Congrats to those who got in today- do you think they released all for the day otherwise if we haven’t gotten an update in portal then today wasn’t our day to find out?

1 Like

If she got an email that says status update, she is in. :grin:

1 Like

We are extremely excited for this news! It was unexpected so it is a very nice surprise!

3 Likes