Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Rejected.
We will now most likely be Texas-bound as daughter got into TCU and Baylor (with generous scholarships thankfully). She was really hoping to have Clemson to choose from as well. Se la vie!

4 Likes

he got a status update email at 3:28pm PT

1 Like

D accepted Fall ā€” Psychology (B.S.)
OOS.
4.7W. Top 5%.
TO
Will graduate high school with an Associate of Science degree from local Community College (60 credits).
Honors College peer mentor at CC.
Leadership in both CC and HS groups/activities.
Volunteer + job.

waitlist vs. deferred. Trying to frame the discussion with my son who was waitlisted. Does anyone eventually get in?
OOS
3.83 UW
8 AP
two varsity sports
symphony
volunteer and podcaster
Test Optional

Also waitlisted. 3.7w/ 4.14w. 1330. Son already decided on another school, so will be declining. Hopefully this opens a spot for someone else who is interested!

2 Likes

My son has friends who were waitlisted last year and ultimately got in for January start. Who knows what works, but I know they sent letters to Clemson confirming their continued interest, and also had school guidance counselors follow up too to talk up the student.

I canā€™t say for sure but it doesnā€™t seem like a ton of waitlisted kids got in for a Fall start last year. They were oversubscribed for freshman so my understanding is that the kids who got in off the waitlist got a January start. Of course, this would vary every year depending on how many kids say yes by May 1.

I feel awful for you. This process has been heartbreaking and we havenā€™t even reached RD for reach schools. It doesnā€™t change the work ethic and effort it took to get the grades. Proud of these kids.

9 Likes

My son was waitlisted in 2020 and then offered a January start. He had already committed to another college and didnā€™t want to wait another semester to start college.

2 Likes

I heard timing on when applications were submitted had an affect on wait lists, bridge and denials.
My daughter applied in November and received bridge acceptance. Her friend, with similar stats, applied much later and denied.

2 Likes

My son was accepted, but got into TCU as well. Heā€™s seriously considering TCU. Weā€™re visiting later this month. I know several families whose kids went there, Iā€™ve never heard a bad word.

3 Likes

My DS x 2 got in via the Summer Start program. Can anyone give me a little more insight on that? Originally we took it as a negative but looks to be a positive!

OOS
32/30 ACT
3.8/3.9 GPA
APā€™s and honors classes
Varsity sports

1 Like

Accepted Business! OOS.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested as well

Accepted Parks, Recreation & Tourism-Hospitality major
OOS
3.9 UW GPA
Test Optional
All Honors & AP & AT classes
excellent ECā€™s with leadership & capt of varsity teams

My son got in with same stats, did you do test optional? He submitted his SAT with a 1370 and got in.

We also visited and loved it. Her friend from dance has been there for two years and says sheā€™s ā€œliving her best lifeā€. lol

My daughter was waitlisted and her friend with worse stats got in. Both OOS and TO. Very confused and disheartened.

That is an interesting thought, my son did apply early October and got in.

1 Like

Bridge to Clemson

Students admitted to the Bridge to Clemson program will begin their Clemson experience by taking courses at Tri-County Technical College for their first year. Bridge students must express interest in the program by April 24 and have until May 1 to commit to Clemson. Some students will also be offered a place on the Bridge to Clemson waitlist.

Sorry to hear that. Did they apply for the same major? If so which one?