Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

My son too - summer start for business.

1 Like

My son’s classmate did summer start. She made a lot of friends and was thriving before all the other freshmen even stepped onto campus in August. This is a good thing!

2 Likes

They both are business majors.

I applied in January and didn’t expect a decision tonight.
Accepted for Fall 2022, Business.
OOS
1360 SAT (710 Math / 650 Eng)
AP/ Honors
2 Varsity Sports

1 Like

Thank you. It’s gotten so competitive. My son is taking 4 more additional AP classes plus 2 honors for a total of 6 classes his senior year plus he is working on this project.

It has to work out in the long run.

1 Like

Great Stats!!

1 Like

Summer start is different than bridge correct? My daughter was so upset too. So excited to see congratulations then upset by the summer start date. Big decision for sure! Would love to know anyone’s experience with summer start?

My son also got accepted with summer start to engineering. Almost identically stats and we’re in state. I’ve heard nothing but great things about summer start. They make great friends because they’re the only ones on campus and get accustomed to college life in a much more relaxed atmosphere. Only Down side is paying for it and then leaving home earlier than we expected. We currently have a sophomore at Clemson, so I think my son will spend a lot of time with his brother at his apartment. This year was weird. We’re just thankful he got accepted!

3 Likes

My daughter finally opened her email and was accepted for business fall start.
OOS 30 ACT 4.1 WGPA

4 Likes

Congratulations!! Awesome!!

1 Like

So clearly timing isn’t an indicator

He submitted SAT - 1380.

OOS DD accepted to 2nd choice major biology, summer start. Nursing was first choice.
1390 SAT
3.8 UW GPA
2 sport varsity captain
Several ECs
Works 15-20 hrs week
NREMT

She thought the EMT would carry more weight for a nursing major. Has been accepted at Xavier & Endicott, admitted to UTenn with a decision on nursing major coming hopefully soon.

3 Likes

Wow that’s crazy!
Edited to add
What major did he apply for and what was his class rank?

My daughter applied in October and was waitlisted. Friend who applied later lower stats accepted.

2 Likes

Son accepted Computer Science OOS
Does anyone know if they include merit scholarships in the letter? There wasn’t one listed.

It was in the letter.

1 Like

Agreed!! So happy both my boys were accepted!

2 Likes

My daughter did summer bound last year. If they allowed you to choose, I would choose it if that gives you any idea. She was able to get some easy A’s and take care of a few classes. The campus is amazing during summer and you can meet people easier. A lot of the football players take summer classes so she got to make friends with some of the new players in her class. We are a big Clemson family, so she enjoyed that. They also allow the summer students to drop off their stuff at their fall dorm when summer is over, so you are basically moved in already on move in day, which is a mad house if you haven’t been through it. She’s still friends with many of the people she met during summer. It set her up for what to expect without pressure of a full load as well. Fall was a piece of cake for her because she was already settled in while others were trying to figure everything out. You also get more support in summer as far as guidance. She rushed in the fall and has made a ton of friends but still very close to her summer crew. She is loving life at Clemson and the summer program really provided a spring board to where she is at now. I hope her sister gets a summer bound offer. It turned out to be a blessing. Would also recommend looking into The Hills Retreat. It’s a camp nearby the week before school starts for Christian students. She went to that and made some great friends for fall as well. Good luck!

2 Likes

FYI to all waitlisted . You can deposit at your second choice. Put it on your credit card. You should be able to get a refund. That’s what I did two years ago. My CC refunded me because it’s a “deposit to attend” . I was no longer attending and received a refund.