Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Sorry if I missed it upthread, but when are merit awards given?

I just heard from someone in admissions that it should be between March 11-18.

3 Likes

I think invitation to interview. Not even sure she did it. She received more aid from another school that was higher ranked, so i think Clemson may be out of the picture now. Also, it took a lonnnggg time to get accepted and i think that turned her off.

2 Likes

Does anyone know is the future tiger tour worth taking or different from the regular campus tour? Wondering if itā€™s worth the trip? Email says you canā€™t go in building etc.

I canā€™t imagine it could be that much different. I couldnā€™t get a future tiger tour until mid April, so we decided to take a last minute trip this weekend. I guess weā€™ll just do a self-guided tour. My daughter has other admissions sheā€™s excited about, and I donā€™t want her to eliminate Clemson just because she hasnā€™t seen it.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Good luck on your visits!

I suspect that has to have changed now. We go on 4/4, I sure hope we can get in buildings.

1 Like

I think buildings are still off limits. Mask mandate dropped this week, weekly testing is now every other week. Students are swiping into buildings, and their cards are deactivated if they skip testing.

1 Like

If you are an admitted student, email them, that is what we did and they responded the next day and included us in a hosted tour for April.

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ve been on these general tours many times and long before the pandemic hit and they donā€™t generally go into any buildings. The only building we walked through was Hendrix where we walked in the front door, up the stairs and out the back of the building to continue the tour. It was almost more of a convenience factor than touring the building. Interior building visits just donā€™t happen on the tour.

1 Like

My daughter received an invitation to interview for Lyceum Scholars this afternoon.

3 Likes

My daughter got something similar last week. Is this something kids are selected for? Or is it something mass sent out for kids to apply for? Just curious.

1 Like

I am not sure exactly what your daughter received, but my daughter was selected as a finalist and invited to interview. She applied to the program in the fall. The application consisted of a series of essay questions. Good luck to your daughter!

1 Like

Hi! New here. Forgive me for not going back through the 1200+ prior posts on this thread and asking a question that may have already been answered. :slight_smile:

My son was accepted into Clemson OOS. A large envelope came today with a welcome letter, a button, stickers, etc. Thereā€™s no mention of merit scholarship in the letter. Does this mean he didnā€™t get any?

He also has a great in-state option, so Clemson may be off the table if thereā€™s not merit offered. Iā€™ve read that they sometimes offer in-state tuition for high stats applicants.

Would we have heard by now about merit? Or could it still be coming?

Thanks! And congrats to all who were accepted.

2 Likes

Hello-congratulations on your sonā€™ā€™s admittance! I spoke to a recruiter from Clemson yesterday and he said it was especially hard to be admitted out of state this year! Your son is a great student for sure! Clemson will be sending merit offers mid March I believe. The do not offer in state for out of state students. The last couple of years merit was on the low end even for the highest stat students. I think about $12.5k max for OOS. The amount varies each year depending on state funding but for years now it is not a high merit offering school.

3 Likes

Weā€™re OOS and my son got accepted as well.

I believe if you were getting merit it was mentioned in the letter. Merit awards are in March, but it was mentioned that you would get one.

We got no mention, so no merit for my son.

1 Like

My daughter is an OOS freshman, she was told she would get merit when she was accepted, it was definitely one of her lowest merit offers. She loves it and was paddle boarding there today. We were covered in ice.

4 Likes

Thank you! $12.5k would put Clemson into consideration for us.

2 Likes

Thanks, congrats to your son!

Thatā€™s great!!! I hope he gets it!! Itā€™s a great campus!

1 Like