Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to reach out to my admissions counselor about joining the honors college? I had applied to Clemson OOS as a safety but after being rejected/waitlisted from my top choices I’ll most likely be attending… with 600+ hours of cs, a 4.0 gpa, 1500 sat, and tons of leadership positions (ex. Student body president and varsity captain), I think I’m a good candidate for the program. I was given a scholarship too, but I’m just unsure about how to reach out to the counselor without sounding like Clemson was just a backup option that I’m only now interested in. I would really appreciate any help on what you guys think I should do.

I’m not sure, last year Clemson was a last minute application for my daughter, she didn’t apply to honors. She had a 3.9 gpa (one B freshman year) 33 act, applied to honors after her fall semester (4.0 gpa) and was accepted. So, even if it’s too late for the fall, he can re-apply.

1 Like

Thank you! I reached out to my admissions counselor just to ask if there are still any seats available, and I’ll see where it goes from there. I will most likely try to transfer in after a semester if I’m not able to gain admission for the fall.

2 Likes

3 Likes

My son, OOS got $7500 merit plus $500 from somewhere else - total of $8K per year.

My reply from Financial Aid today was that the Grant amount is renewable for 4 years, same as the scholarships, and it will be at the same amount every year. I asked if it would vary based on yearly FAFSA info, but that does not seem to be the case.

1 Like

DD just declined her offer of Admissions to Clemson, Aerospace Engineering Major, so i know there is definitely 1 open seat. Good luck to all.

1 Like

Whit26,

Curious if your daughter has decided on a college for Aerospace? Our daughter was accepted to Clemson with merit, but is narrowing down her choices.

@Balance63 Yes, DD narrowed it down to 5 Schools, the University of Miami; Virginia Tech; the University of California at Irvine; the University of California at Davis, and Clemson. All the above schools showed her love, but; Virginia Tech made her feel like Family! All of which have great Aerospace Engineering Programs.

2 Likes

Wow! CA, VA, SC and FL. I thought my daughter had her choices spread out. Good for her. Our daughter has narrowed it down to Purdue, CU Boulder, Mines, Auburn and UF. All these schools showed her a lot of love which has her nearly paralyzed. Analysis paralysis. Ha! We have been circling back on them for a second visit with classes in session so she can try and understand the student experience. It was way easier before the Pandemic and the influence of social media. Our older daughter, who recently graduated Civil Engineering at UF, applied to a few schools, we toured and she chose UF without hesitation. Now, there is so much more info. Not sure that’s a good thing. Btw, being Gators I can’t in good conscience recommend UM. Just kidding! It’s a solid school for Engineering and the campus is very nice in a super cool location. Good Luck to her.

1 Like

Awesome! Your daughter should be very proud of her college offers. Aerospace Engineering is a very competitive major. DD was also accepted to CU Boulder. I know your daughter will choose the college that meets both her personal and professional interests. Side Note: My daughter selected Virginia Tech because of their Nationally Ranked Engineering Program, and; the amazing resources they offer that are geared towards women engineering students and the Superior Scholarships/Financial Aid Package!!! #UF Vs UM! LOL!!

Just FYI. You can apply to the honors college after you arrive on campus at the end of your first semester.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if most instate kids take cars? Took my son to the dr yesterday. The PA was a Clemson grad. We talked about getting lab work done in the fall and she casually said if they can’t do the labs at redfern, he can Uber to a lab. Kind of threw me off

Parking can be a problem, there is an overflow lot but it’s a hike, many dorms require cars to be moved in game days, and tickets and tows are common.

Our tour guide (who is in-state) didn’t have her car first semester of her first year. She did take it second semester and drove it like 3 times to make sure the battery stayed active. So it certainly sounds like one doesn’t need a car on a regular basis. (It can depend on major, though. My daughter is doing nursing and was told she would need a car junior and senior year for clinicals.)

I was curious if those that received the early admit into the honors college also received the most generous financial aid awards as well? Anxiously awaiting the April 1 decisions! Thanks

My son is a sophomore at Clemson. He lived on campus his freshman year and did not have a car. The Clemson campus bus system goes to nearby grocery stores, walmart, and apartment complexes. He did not miss having a car at all. Students can easy walk downtown, too, for haircuts and lunch/dinner spots.

2 Likes

OOS daughter did not receive any merit.

does anyone know when clemson appeal decisions come out this week?

Supposed to come out today