Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Glad she likes it; DH was the first from our northeast district to attend 35+ years ago. Everyone thought he was crazy, me included, when he made a last minute switch as a recruited athlete from an ivy to Clemson completely based on a gut feeling. It’s not a good fit for everyone, but there’s “something in these hills,” as they say.

3 Likes

Wow. That’s even lower than last year. My middle son got 12,500 last year and my oldest got 30k 3 years ago.

I thought it was 12,500 last year? I think it is what my son got? Maybe I am remembering wrong.

I was going by the NPC, which showed 11k, but if it was like 2020, there were probably smaller ones on top of it?

1 Like

It was 2020.

Edited because I went back and looked up the NPC info: 2020 was 12k per the NPC, but personally, the amount in iroar was $12.5. It was split with a small separate award. Not sure if that was the same on everyone’s.

1 Like

Thanks. That sounds right. Pretty sure it was 12.5 and that it was the max merit plus maybe a little extra. Still not enough to sway him from UGA where tuition was 0. Quite a change from my oldest in 2019 who got 20k. Sounds like his year lucked out!

1 Like

Anyone know if they have let anymore decisions out since the Oct 28th release?

I dont think so. I contacted the admissions office yesterday and they said they will release every 2-3 weeks from now on until February. But only to a small group of students.

5 Likes

Ok thank you

so thats about now

2 Likes

My understanding is they’ve typically released on Thursdays

3 Likes

RE: Merit Aid

We toured Clemson on Monday and had a great visit. We were meeting with a departmental AO, and he asked where else my daughter applied. As we were going through her list, we mentioned that she is a NMSF and has received full rides from both Mississippi State and Alabama. He became visibly deflated/dejected and said very directly that Clemson would be unable to compete with those offers. He also mentioned that the amount of aid would not be determined until spring (expects it to resemble previous years, but he does not make those decisions), and he touted how well Clemson’s graduates do post-graduation. While I do not believe that a college decision should come down solely to money, it’s got to be very hard for Clemson to compete with high stats OOS students (we are likely looking at $160K vs. basically free).

3 Likes

Yep, people don’t usually choose Clemson for the merit. Not the worst offer D20 received, but definitely not the best. They attract a lot of northeast kids whose in-state tuitions =/> Clemson’s after merit and of course legacies. So far no regrets; glad your daughter enjoyed her visit. Hope you got to see our beautiful sunset Monday night. Good luck to her on her search for the right fit!!

6 Likes

That is the most stunning sunset I’ve ever seen (and I’ve lived in Florida for 30 years and have seen some good ones)! Thanks for sharing! My daughter will be visiting this weekend and taking the official tour on Monday!

2 Likes

For a Southeast public, Clemson is at the top end for OOS.

Clemson: $57K
Florida: $44K
Georgia: $47K
VA Tech: $48K
FSU: $38K
Auburn: $32K tuition + R&B, etc.

Clemson is a small bit easier to get into than Georgia from our TX HS but gets half the applicants. Top 10 overlapping applications go to: UT-Austin, Georgia, OU, Auburn, Arkansas, TCU, SMU, A&M, Ole Miss, Alabama.

Clemson is a really great school with lots of school pride. It’s just quite a bit more expensive than other OOS public options without aid.

3 Likes

Maybe some will find out today :crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

Heard another round today.

does the status on portal change from “awaiting decision”

Did anyone get acceptance today?