CLEP Credit at UA

<p>Keep in mind that many military bases offer CLEP testing and will grant civilians clearance to get on base as it’s a legitimate business purpose; just provide the student’s drivers license or state ID number when scheduling the test and at the gate. I was able to schedule a schedule a testing session for the next day this way.</p>

<p>I highly recommend taking the CLEP exam for ones chosen foreign language and any other courses for which they feel they understand the material enough to pass the exam and earn college credit.</p>

<p>DD needed 2 forms of ID when she took her test. Her debit card (issued in her name) was sufficient as a 2nd ID (only brought her drivers license - forgot her school ID and passport).</p>

<p>Bumping up for this year’s class.</p>

<p>Thanks for the information! Also saw the post on Facebook last night. My DD is currently enrolled in the CAPP program for her Spanish class (in Wisconsin, they can enroll as a UW student while taking some high school courses). Her teacher isn’t familiar at all with the CLEP program, so I’m going to have to do more research. Right, now, Alabama offers the CAPP transfer credit from UW to UA – which equates to 4 semesters. I would assume that is approx. 12 credits. And the CLEP program offers up to 14 credits. </p>

<p>Yes, thanks for the reminder about this.</p>

<p>Suggest students take CLEP tests soon, while info is fresh in their heads. (You may find that some registration dates for these tests are already filled.) Once spring break and especially AP exams hit, most seniors are DONE with school. </p>

<p>One benefit of CLEP exams is that the credits transfer to UA as a pass rather than a letter grade. This can be beneficial if the student’s grade in the course is lower than their target GPA.</p>

<p>As for scheduling tests, don’t overlook the testing locations on military bases. Civilians can typically get gate passes to take the exams and it’s often easier to find available testing times.</p>