Coats and Ties at football games?

<p>But…if you do choose to go to Alabama, and you do enjoy football, then you’ll have to get used to Lynard Skynard’s song, “Sweet Home Alabama.” LOL</p>

<p>And…concerning those undesirable things…I’ve seen the same at UCLA games and at USC games. I really wish we could somehow convince those college kids that crazy drinking is just a bad idea. I realize it’s naive to think that drinking will somehow “go away” completely, I just wish kids would only do it in moderation (if they’re going to insist on drinking), and in a safe situation.</p>

<p>That WSJ article was misleading…plus I got the distinct whiff of someone putting on the author!
Dressing up for a football game is indeed a fraternity-sorority thing. The fraternity pledges are required to dress a certain way. The young ladies aren’t usually required to dress up, but many enjoy doing so. It’s funny to see them early in the season with the 4- and 5-inch heels! I remember seeing many in wool outfits and tall boots at homecoming…and the temperature rising to the low 90s.
You’ll find the longer they stay at UA, the less they dress up. However, I must say that my nephew, who completed his master’s degree in accounting in May, goes to the games in a crisp white button-down shirt and UA tie. The tie is usually off by the end of the game and folded into his shirt pocket!</p>

<p>^^^ LOL</p>

<p>My friend’s son who goes to USC (the one in Calif :slight_smile: ) insists on wearing these particular button down oxford shirts with his frat tie. His shirts “have” to have that tab in the back at the top of where the pleat is (don’t know what that tab is called), but he insists that all his frat bros wear that particular style of shirt and only one brand. Kids are funny!</p>

<p>Nothing mysterious, Croakies is a brand of eyewear accessories.
[Eyewear</a> Retainers, Sun Glass Straps, Neoprene Straps, Belts, Lanyards, Key Rings and Optical Accessories by Croakies for Sports, Play, Fashion and Work. Croakies can be called sunglass croakies, sun glas straps, neoprene straps, croakies retainer, cr](<a href=“http://www.croakies.com/]Eyewear”>http://www.croakies.com/)</p>

<p>LOL…thanks :)</p>

<p>There are days that I feel so out of it. LOL</p>

<p>LOL. Fads. :)</p>

<p>Amen </p>

<p>Mom2 wrote:</p>

<p>And…concerning those undesirable things…I’ve seen the same at UCLA games and at USC games. I really wish we could somehow convince those college kids that crazy drinking is just a bad idea. I realize it’s naive to think that drinking will somehow “go away” completely, I just wish kids would only do it in moderation (if they’re going to insist on drinking), and in a safe situation.</p>

<p>mom2college kids,
i could be wrong, but from your tone it sounds like you think this whole “drinking heavily” thing is new to this generation of college students. That is far from the case, i thought this was common knowledge. People have been drinking like this for many generations and to say that this is somthing aweful and new brought on by our generation is just ignorant. I hate how a lot of older people like to sit on the high horse and think their generation had better morals and was more “clean” than ours. You probly got wasted all the time at college to (if you went), and there is nothing wrong with that. These are supposed to be the best years of your life so why not live it up (as long as you can balance school work with it).Bottom line, this is not going to change and your kids will most likely drink alot in college as well, there not perfect angels cause no one is and i dont know who would want to be. The kids who end up failing out or dying because of drinking is there own fault and is certainly not new either. If it they going to be stupid and drink themselves to death in college they probly would have dont it even if they were not in college. stupid is as stupid does, and stupid is not limited to our generation.</p>

<p>During our college visits, my husband turned to me and said, What’s with the boots. It’s just fashion, honey. He was perplexed at why young ladies would be wearing what looked like ski boots in 80 degree weather. </p>

<p>As for the corn dog comment, Seatide, I nearly fell off my chair the other day in court when the attorneys were discussing the bet of a corn dog as to the outcome of the latest LSU game.</p>

<p>^^ Yikes, you should proofread your rants before you post them.</p>

<p>glad to see your more concerned with my spelling rather than the point, it’s also good to know there is someone on this board who’s jumping at the chance to point out people’s spelling errors… i guess i’m the first person to misspell some words while typing fast, its a good thing your perfect self was waiting to point out my flaws, what would i do with out you…</p>

<p>*i could be wrong, but from your tone it sounds like you think this whole “drinking heavily” thing is new to this generation of college students. *</p>

<p>Oh good heavens no! It was like that in the 70s when I went to college, and every generation before.</p>

<p>I’m a big believer that at virtually any school you’re going to have some students going there to be very studious, some students going for fun away from mom & dad, and some going for a mix of both.</p>

<p>mom2college,
haha good for a second there i thought you thought this was a new thing</p>

<p>and your right, you can find every type of student at pretty much every school out there</p>

<p>Whippersnapper, I’m here to inform you about an important internet generation lesson: nobody’s going to listen to what you have to say if they can’t read past the typos and run-on sentences in what you type.</p>

<p>^^^Actually, that’s incorrect. I, for one, am listening and I had no trouble understanding what he wrote. I’m also puzzled by your post, given your complaint the other day, right here on this forum, about feeling as though you’d been personally attacked.</p>

<p>No, I myself have never felt personally attacked here…I was referring to how ABR was being ganged up on. I also don’t think commenting on somebody’s slopping ranting compares to mocking them for going through mental health issues.</p>

<p>^^^Then I’m sure you’ll fully appreciate and embrace the feedback that your use of a verb (slopping) as an adjective (“slopping ranting”) is poor grammar and a marvelously ironic example of a sloppy post attempting to critique someone else’s post for allegedly being sloppy. :)</p>

<p>We all live in glass houses here. Let’s stop throwing rocks and be civil to one another. We can do better than this.</p>

<p>I do, indeed. :D</p>

<p>Bravo, my friend. Roll Tide!</p>