College Board National Recognition Program (includes former National Hispanic Recognition Program) Class of 2022

My brother is still waiting to hear in California.

Has anyone gotten a notification today? Nothing for us in Texas. :neutral_face:

Also still waiting in Texas…

1 Like

Anyone in Arizona heard anything yet?

Wow:( They are not doing any favor to the recipients of the award. Colleges won’t take it serious.

We are in Tx and got ours at 1am

Nothing for us in Arizona.

Nothing for us in AZ either

No notification yet, also in Texas

1 Like

my son got National African American recognition program award. what does it help with? what should we do now? Can you let me know please?

1 Like

Finally came - at 10:09 am this morning

2 Likes

we are still waiting - patience I guess!

My son just emailed me from school that he got and email “We can talk about it when I get home”. WHAT??? Did you get the dang award or NO?! OMG killing me. :joy: :sob:

1 Like

YAY!!! My daughter just got hers, Hispanic Recognition. I’m so proud of her! Good luck everyone!

6 Likes

You can search for colleges that offer scholarships for this. Congrats! U of Alabama offers 4 years of tuition and a year of housing, I believe (they call it something like Diversity scholarship). Arizona State offers either full tuition or close to it, and I THINK maybe also U of Arizona. Maybe Kentucky?? The other schools offer some money, not all. Good luck, great news!

Well is your school on the Rural list? You automatically get it then.

Check the list (someone posted here) and see if your school is on the list. Sometimes because of census data or I don’t know what…it is in that category. I don’t think it matters a lot as far as the scholarships at colleges go…I think most offer same money for both. Also, I think maybe cutoff scores are different for the different awards and maybe she didn’t qualify for Hispanic? Or do you know that she did? If you find a college that only accepts that and not Rural, and you know she qualified for Hispanic, I would think you could talk about that with an admissions person and get them to make an exception.

Hi! Some colleges offer scholarships for NRP students.
“Students interested in National Recognition Programs should sign up for the College Board Student Search Service®. This program connects students with universities and scholarship programs across the country. Universities and scholarship programs use Student Search to find students awarded recognition.”

Also you can look on college websites to see if they offer scholarships for this award. The colleges that do get a list from the college board and grant the scholarship after acceptance.

Arizona State University, University of Arizona, and Texas A&M are a few that I am aware of that have good scholarships for NRP students. My daughter just added ASU to her list because they offer a full tuition scholarship.

1 Like

Looks like it’s finally 5PM in the pacific moon. Lol. We got it. Thank you guys for sharing your experience, I’ll continue to do likewise to see how this effort pays off.

4 Likes

we are still waiting - argh I am going to go crazy!