College Board National Recognition Program (includes former National Hispanic Recognition Program) Class of 2022

I just got an email saying I got the National Recognition Program Award!!!

Thank you so much to everyone in this thread

Your advice and kind words has meant alot to me over the past few stressful months.

10 Likes

I believe the school gets a list of the kids. Some announce it, some don’t.

3 Likes

My D is interested in Architecture and the University of Arizona has the Bachelors of Architecture (5 years). My S last year literally missed on an additional 20 K scholarship by a few tenths on their calculated GPA. My daughter however, has a much better GPA. Any of you follow the University of Arizona this year. Do they have the same program for 2023 as they did for 2022?

Did you get email from your school or College Board? My daughter has not received any notice and I am sure she applied and qualified, but changed schools and updated her email address. I am concerned that they are notifying to her old email address that she cannot access.

My daughter received her email today as well. Congrats to all the kids.

4 Likes

Same here. Son got the email today. I do not think this will make a big difference to him as far as the list of colleges is concerned but at a minimum, it might give him a boost.
Congratulations to everyone!

4 Likes

Chicago – too cold
Philly – might be ok with subs but def not the city
NY/NYC – same as philly but upstate is a little too cold for his liking

We have been to FL several times and both kids like the state. His dream is to go to NCSU. Close to home, which is in one of the most livable cities in the US. So, that’s a bit hard to beat.

3 Likes

My kid just checked his email and he got national recognition scholar. :raised_hands:t2: I hope this will look good on his apps for all his top choices which are test blind and race blind!

7 Likes

Both me and my son got the email from College Board… I will fall over from shock if our school recognizes this award.

3 Likes

https://financialaid.arizona.edu/types-of-aid/scholarships/incoming-first-year-transfer

I believe they are the same, it is stated at the top of this page that the structure is for the 2023-2024 school year.

1 Like

Also those 4 cities are crime infested…not safe

What is scary about Alabama? Just curious…

My son is 50% Hispanic and loved everything about Alabama.

Both S23 and I received the email yesterday from College Board. It’s a nice recognition that won’t move the needle for his top choices, but could earn him some nice merit money at his matches. Congrats to all of the recipients!

4 Likes

Our school did not receive information, I forwarded info

University of Nebraska- Lincoln has an architecture program AND recognizes the National Recognition award…worth checking out.

4 Likes

Is anyone else still waiting for notice of award? I’m beginning to think I missed something. My daughter is hispanic and has a 1460 PSAT (220pts) AP Scholar w/distinction and a 3.95/4.0 UW GPA. We submitted the application early with confirmed receipt but have not received anything. I was thinking it was because she changed schools, but they still have her info on the application page with no updates. Are there any other requirements I am missing?

Did you check your spam?

I did; for my account and hers. I don’t get it and it is really disappointing for my daughter to be the only person in her group that did not receive it when (I think) she qualified and did everything required. I tried emailing College Board and have not heard anything back today.

1 Like

The state has a big history of racism. There was an incident on campus not too long ago. I can look it up if you want. The region does not fare well. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/28/the-most-racist-places-in-america-according-to-google/ But like your son I’m sure that at the university everyone can find a group of friends and have a great experience. Eventually my kid decided on another school. My daughter is already getting emails to apply even before the great news that she made Hispanic Recognition. She won’t even apply.

1 Like

Thanks for the Nebraska tip. They do have architecture but not the Bachelor of Architecture which is a 5 year program. At Nebraska you have to go 4 years and then right into a Masters of Architecture to be able to get your license.