College Board scoring on some exams?

So I recently just got back my AP calculus BC exam (which I did during the makeup exam period) and received a 3. I found that sort of disapointing, given that during course exams I would consistently get 85+, which I think is at least a 4 (?). First off, I know it wasn’t some sort of disqualification because I would’ve received a 1 (?). When I asked fellow classmates who also took the makeup what they received, they later replied “3”. I had probably asked 8 other students who all gave me the answer 3. I was confused at this point, and came up with 3 possibilities:

1. All 8 students were trolling in a unified effort. (unlikely)
  2. They all really did get a 3. (VERY unlikely, as I know some of them would have done better than that.)
  3. College Board just gave us a 3 to hasten the marking process. (probably the most likely)
    Any thoughts, did this happen to any of you? Just curious because if this is true then I need to know before they get away with it. (Keep in mind the 8 students I asked along with myself all did the exam during makeup week due to one reason or another).

I vote for option 2.

I agree with 2.

I know many CC students are loathe to believe they could ever get anything but a 5, but it happens. Students taking BC Calc are the top math students in the country so getting an “average” score isn‘t the tragedy that some seem to believe.

The fact that many students in the same class got the same score could suggest that the instructor is preparing students to this level.