College of Liberal Arts Acceptance Chance??

Purdue is my top school, and I’m really scared about not getting in! I want to go so, so badly.
Can someone please tell me if you think I will be able to get into the CLA? Thanks!

Applied early August, 2017
GPA: 4.2
SAT score: 1130
AP Gov/econ. AP US History (duel credit English/lit Jr & Senior years)
High honor roll
Lead in school play
NHS/Student council member
Avid volunteer work
Summer traveling/missions work overseas
Won awards from Highschool for most excellent in Chemistry, Graphic Design, and Art
Owns photography business

I’m just a little worried about my SAT score. But I retook it and got a slightly lower score! And I don’t know if retaking it again would make a difference because I applied so long ago.

If someone could help me out, that would be great! Thanks!

Are you an in-state or OOS applicant?

@gandalf78 , how does OoS or in-state make a difference for admission chances at Purdue?

I’m in-state

@WilliamNYC: Purdue is a public university; and under Part C7 of Purdue’s Common Data Set, state residency is considered as a factor in admission.

@gandalf78 Does that decrease my acceptance chance?

@jayceebird: In-state applicants usually have an advantage over OOS applicants in applying to public universities. However, I would look at the Data Digest, https://www.purdue.edu/datadigest/; it can give you a historical perspective on how you compare to other applicants for the college to which you are applying. In-state vs. OOS applicants is one of the variables that you can manipulate as part of the interactive Data Digest.

Also, Purdue’s Common Data Set, see https://www.purdue.edu/oirae/resources.html, provides statistical information at Part C that may be useful in helping you gauge your chances. It will also tell you, under Part C7, what factors are “very important,” “important,” “considered,” and “not considered” in admissions decisions. You can look at how you performed in these categories, and perhaps get some idea from that of your chances.

“how does OoS or in-state make a difference for admission chances at Purdue?”

Purdue is an Indiana land grant university tasked with serving students in the state of Indiana. An Indiana resident will be considered more carefully than an OOS students. I think all else being equal statistics wise the Indiana resident would have the advantage. I think based on your grades and scores, your intended college and the fact that you are an Indiana resident Purdue would be considered a match for you. How strong of a match I couldn’t say. I would be less inclined to call it a match if you were OOS. @gandalf78 Data Digest shows the disparity in test scores between instate and OOS. Look under "New First Time Beginner Profile. At the lower left it compares SAT math scores for both IS, OOS and International. The differences are significant.

I got in! Thank you to everyone who gave me confidence and advice!

@jayceebird: Congratulations, and well done!