College/Sat HELP

A lot of colleges are making the SAT optional or they aren’t accepting it at all. For the colleges that are making it optional, do you suggest that I take the SAT and submit a score?

UC’s are now test blind unless something changes so if you are just applying to the UC’s, then no do not take the exam.

If you are applying to test optional schools, then taking the SAT and getting a competitive score could strengthen your application.

According to your other posts, you already have an SAT score of 1480. If this is not true but wishful thinking, then I suggest you post your true stats so posters can help you formulate a good college list and are better able to answer your questions.

We have the same question (not applying to UCs, but Top 50 LACs mostly.) Our thinking is to submit D21s only score of 1450. Her math is a little low and she was hoping for better in the second try but has had 4 test dates cancelled and now she’s out of time for a retake. Her ERW is very high so she wants to submit. You really need to look at your test score if you have one and see where it compares to the averages at your target schools. You might even submit to some but not all I suppose. But as stated above, if you are only looking at UCs they are not accepting scores this year.