Columbia Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Campus is totally open to any and all pedestrians! Buildings I’m sure are off limits.

2 Likes

Is it more difficult to get in if I applied to the Columbia Engineering school specifically?

I think it depends more on whether you are the right fit for engineering or not and that you have the correct prerequisites to be able to do the work in the engineering school. For that reason, I’m not sure that a lower admit rate percentage for Engineering than for the College is a very good indication.

1 Like

Hi all. Has anyone else still not received an interview? My D has yet to be contacted. She is telling me that I am more concerned about this than she is. Thanks.

I dont think interviews are important for Columbia. It is not an indication of anything. I wish your D all the best.

My son hasn’t received an interview.

1 Like

I have not received an interview for Colubmia but have for Harvard, Penn, Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, etc.

This is what is going on in columbia

4 Likes

Statistically, how many people in the past have gotten in RD without an interview? I haven’t been offered one despite being in a pretty populated area and I’m getting really scared. IK it technically doesn’t have a bearing, but in the past has it been pretty common that people haven’t been offered them and then be accepted?

2 Likes

The pictures in the portal just changed for me.

what does it look like for you?

Two new pics off to the side. Two addresses at the bottom. Do you have that?

1 Like

i have a photo of students and a photo of some buildings campus as well as the statue to the side. my mailing and permanent addresses are at the bottom

1 Like

I have two photos at top (Statue & some students), one on side with building photo and two addresses at bottom.

1 Like

I think it was always like that.

1 Like

“In addition, you can use the status page to track when the required parts of the application have been received and when your application is complete. You may track your application materials until March 19, 2021.” This statement was included in the application confirmation email. So, do you think any change(if any) in the portal is due to this?

1 Like

My D received an email from the financial aid office yesterday stating that they needed information. Nevertheless, I uploaded the requested information into IDOC. What should we make of this? Thanks.

That they needed more FA info. Nothing else.

2 Likes

I have been really paranoid about this lately so I decided to ask CC their opinion on this. So I was just re-reading my college app and I noticed that at one point in the supplement I spelled Columbia as “Colombia” I did spell it right though throughout the rest of the essay. I’ve been really paranoid about this lately, do you all think that’s an automatic deny? My application is pretty good and I’ve gotten into every school I applied to so far but I’m just scared that this mistake might cost me admission at Columbia. Any thoughts? Should I email the AO and apologize?

Do nothing. A typo will not be a reason for rejection.

1 Like