Columbia Class of 2027 Official Thread

Actually, no, they do not track demonstrated interest at all and fafsa is not required by any school to apply.

1 Like

You will certainly get full financial aid from Columbia. My daughter is a sophomore in Columbia University and that’s how I know they are very generous.

Accepted with a likely!
-SAT:1500
-GPA: 4.0 (unweighted)
-AP English Language And Composition: 5
-Only took 1 AP. (That’s all my school offered.)
-Rural Student
-Raised over $20,000 for local scholarships and community events.
-Became Teen Council Secretary of a statewide sexual assault and abuse advocacy program
-Was heavily involved in my community
-Held three school leadership positions
-National Merit Commended
-New York Times Summer Reading Honorable Mention
-Regional qualifier for writing events
-National qualifier for an FFA event
-Participated in multiple journalism/creative writing programs or events

1 Like

No haha I meant I didn’t even do the “optional” essays at all. The fafsa detail is just to show how little I cared about getting in. I know it doesn’t affect my acceptance. Like no offense but I didn’t get this far by not knowing how that stuff works

2 Likes

My kid didn’t do the supplements either but was accepted, so :woman_shrugging:t3:The fact is, there is no way to know why you were not accepted there, except that it has nothing to do with if you showed demonstrated interest, because they don’t track that. That is what I was responding to n your comments. You were not rejected there because you didn’t do optional things.

I assume the discussion above isn’t about Columbia University?

This thread is for students who were applied to Columbia for the class of 2027. Please do not hijack the thread for things that are not related. I deleted a few post that were unreleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.

1 Like

Hey guys, just want to let you know that I may found a Portal Myth for Columbia University.

We can have a try later, around May 15th.

The step is: go to the Columbia Housing portal (https://columbia.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX/9840944C/1/1/Home-Home?UrlToken=5AAED5F2)

Then click create your password/login (I recommend you guys try both), just follow the instructions and see whether you can set your password or login. If you want to try the log in one, your password is your birthday in MMDDYear order (in my case is 09092004)

According to this page(https://www.housing.columbia.edu/content/first-year-application),

The Housing Application is completed through the Columbia Housing Portal. When the application opens, you will not yet have a University-assigned University Network ID (UNI).

To log in and begin the application, you will need to use* *your Columbia ID number. This 9-digit number can be found at the top right of the Admissions Portal.

This way avoid the UNI ID login, as we all know that this requires deposit and the secured place.