Columbia Class of 2027 Official Thread

And to add. We have not had a single US private university that says they are need blind even come close to our expected family contribution as US citizens. They are deceiving all of us.

Schools like Columbia have huge endowments. There’s no fear of them running out of funds for FA.

2 Likes

Did you for once think this is how parents play the portal astrology game !? :grinning::smiley::grin:

No idea what you are talking about.

oh. you don’t know what portal astrology is? ok. nvm

“Portal astrology”.
When[anxious college applicants believes that any changes in their college admissions portal indicates whether or not they have been accepted or rejected. Commonly discussed about online on college admissions forums.(Urban Dictionary: forum).

I suppose you are new to CC. It’s ok. No offense taken. And I see you want to be a nurse and care for the sick. Good luck! Such a noble and nurturing field.

My son is an international student from the UK and we applied for financial aid. He applied to all the Ivies (Human Biology Major), Stanford (Human Biology Major) and Berklee School of Music. He got admitted into 7 out of the 10 universities. We are middle class in the UK and he was in a private school in the UK. Financial aid best offer was Princeton and Columbia (driven by high NY city costs I suppose) was worst but Princeton reduced it and so did Stanford by a few thousand dollars after going back to them. We are paying about what we pay for a private independent day secondary school in the UK. He is at Stanford. Its a huge sacrifice though.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing. Good luck to your son.

Then why are they not need blind?

can I ask his gcses and predicted a level grades

My “Documents & Messages” tab in my FA portal is straight-up gone now.

2 Likes

Everyone’s is

Wait, where was the financial aid portal in the first place? I’ve never seen it

I reached out to the school yesterday because we can’t get into the financial aid portal (it’s separate from the applicant portal but there is a link to financial aid on the admission portal page, then you can track your financial aid application using a different login @bill_boh ) b/c our login stopped working. They told me they have everything they need, and that the financial aid portal is “slated to be down” for everyone.

Got it, thanks!

Academic Stats -

GCSEs - achieved 10 A stars
A-Levels - 4 A-Levels predicted at A stars
ACT 34
2 SAT Subject Tests (it was required in his admission cycle for Fall 2019 admission) - (Biology & Chemistry)- 760 & 740
Academic Scholar at highly selective day independent school in UK
No official ranking in UK Schools but recommendations stated he is always in the top 3 of his year group of 160 students

My nephew also got into Columbia the following year as a UK International student, which he accepted. He also received financial aid, assessed on parental income, assets etc. His GCSEs and predicted A-levels were not all A stars. He had a mixture of A stars and As and in GCSEs, he had one B. He had a high SAT score and SAT subject tests scores as well. He was the last set required to have SAT subjects tests.

Both my son and nephew are not recruited athletes.

Let me know if you need other information re ECs etc. Happy to share.

hey this is really cool !! Congrats to both of them . I am at a high performing London private school and have AAAA predicted at a level and 10 A* 2 A at gcse !! Id love to know bit more ab their ecs if u dont mind sharing ?

is anyone able to log into Online Financial Aid System to track your application?

1 Like