Columbia Class of 2027 Official Thread

Had to add some levity to this very serious financial committment discussion. I am feeling the stress as many of you but:

Many of you may be too young to remember that last financial crisis but there was a great ad back then by LendingTree.com. Look it up on youtube. Goes sort of like this:

I’m Sam MacJohnson – while grilling hamburgers in the backyard

I’ve got a 4-bedroom home in a great neighborhood

Like my car? It’s new

I even belong to the local golf club

How do I do it?

I am in debt up to my eyeballs – I can barely pay my finance charges

Can someone help me?

Ha ha :joy:
I remember this ad. Loved it!

A few days ago, I got request for K-1 and scorp 1120. Does this indicate anything?

my checklist is gone from my portal.

Same here.

How about “Update Application”? how many items do you have?

6 things including withdraw application and other.

Any one who has only withdraw and other?

7 things (which include withdraw and other)
–Select One–
Preferred Name Update
Provide Additional Application Information and Materials
Report Standardized Test Scores
Request Application Change
Update Senior Year Schedule
Withdraw Application
Other

I have 6 - 7 if u were to include “select one” option.

2 Likes

mine has 7 not including select one

deleted

my son’s checklist is gone also. A few days ago his Financial list was gone as well

I recived an a email form finacial aid asking for stuff and a reqeest in IDOC for a specific outside scholarship form. Has anyone recived these requests? Also assuming everyone got the emails saying decisions are coming out electronically.

1 Like

The outside scholarship form has been in IDOC for Columbia since D23 submitted her CSS profile and applied to Columbia, back in January. I think everyone has to fill that one out for Columbia. We filled that out early on and submitted it. But she (and both parents) received email on March 10 that another document (one that is specific to her circumstance) was still missing. That one was NOT in IDOC as a requested item, but only in Columbia’s financial aid portal, but portal stated that it had to go through IDOC. Submitted it in IDOC and crossed fingers that they know which school wanted it. LOL

We got that one a few weeks ago

Ok it just appeared for me today. Thanks!

OK, just appeared today for me, thanks!

My son’s check list and FA list are both gone.We just received this e-mail in regards to decision day

Columbia Undergraduate Admissions

Columbia ID: …

Dear …,

Thank you for your first-year application to Columbia University. We are nearing the end of our application review and will soon notify candidates of our decisions.

The Columbia community is committed to environmental responsibility; in keeping with this commitment, we will provide some admissions decisions only online, not via regular mail. As you may know, we plan to make available all decisions online on Thursday, March 30, 2023, after 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).

If you have previously created an account to track the status of your application, please use the same credentials you created at that time. If you have not yet created an account or if you have any difficulty logging in, follow the instructions on our website. This step should be completed as soon as possible to avoid a delay in receiving your admissions decision.

We are available via email if you have any questions. Please feel free to contact Undergraduate Admissions at ugrad-ask@columbia.edu.

Sincerely,

Jessica Marinaccio
Dean of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid

Good luck everyone! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like