Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>WHAT SUBJECT MATERIAL WILL BE ON THE SCIENCE PART?</p>

<p>math im not worried about-- is it true though that the chalenge math parti s the most important on the entire exam?</p>

<p>What specific subjects will we have to know for the science? do we have to know any HUMAN BODY stuff?</p>

<p>do we have to know conic sections for the math?
milesdavis22 is online now</p>

<p>I am a freshman and am taking the test this weekend. So far I've only taken Earth Science and Math A. Currently, I'm in Bio and Math B. However, I've done pre-calc and calc bc work before. Will I do okay? And what are the questions like? Will I not get in if I am unable to answer the physics/chem questions?</p>

<p>HELP ME!</p>

<p>Lol uve essentially asked the same question as mine!! Please respond to my question and girlie13's!!!</p>

<p>Girlie13-- wen u say uve done calc bc and precalc work do u mean taken the classes offically or just learned some basic material in each?</p>

<p>alright, to answer some of these noob questions</p>

<p>if you are a frosh or soph...u basically have no chance to get in, just because u haven't had alot of science and math courses</p>

<p>essay/recommendation mean jack, the only factor is how you go the exam, they don't care about anything else</p>

<p>in the science section there was everything: Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, a lil bit of Physics...which was basically Earth Science calculations</p>

<p>Easy math section is easy</p>

<p>There is tough math section with is like the second lvl of that math competition AMC or w/e</p>

<p>hope that helps some people out</p>

<p>When I say that I've done that work, I mean I've done the same exact stuff as the course in an enrichment program which I go to every week. I am doing 11th grade math as a freshman in that course and in school 10th grade math since I can't advance myself there because of the regents.</p>

<p>Also, why do fresh/soph have no chance to get in because we have the same test, but just better curves, so wouldn't it be easier to get in if u were a fresh/soph?</p>

<p>^Thats what Im thinking.</p>

<p>Actually, there's a substantial amount of freshman/sophomores in the program. Perhaps less than juniors/seniors, but freshman/sophomores still stand a very good chance of getting in.</p>

<p>What enrichment program do you go to? The opportunities at my high school arent very good, so an enrichment prog for math would be great. I'm a freshman too-- i alraedy know precalc and some of calc bc-- but i have to learn on my own :(.</p>

<p>Im taking chem now-- WHAT CHEM TOPICS WILL BE ON THE TEST? I dont know any electrochem or thermochem? What tpics will be on the BIO section? if i got a 102 on AMC- should that be OK for the challenge math section?</p>

<p>I used to go to Kumon North America and the mathletes team. That's basically it.</p>

<p>hey guys
any1 takin it in the international affairs building?</p>

<p>IM takin it in that building yea...</p>

<p>milesdavis: Caaaalmm doooown, you'll do fine. If you're remotely good at science, then the chemistry should be a breeze for you.</p>

<p>If anyone's gonna be near Pupin physics hall, I'll get to see some of you guys =)</p>

<p>Hey I am in Pupin Lab >< ! So i will see you there..</p>

<p>Good Luck everyone.. The first thing that I will do is check my answers with you guys..</p>

<p>Hey edwardz nd gunnar-- i was in Pupin today too :)-- test was pretty easy - 1st math = SUPER easy, science = easy but some q's were ambiguous (i didnt know earth science.....). and challenge math was sorta had. What did you all think?</p>

<p>I was in Pupin room 301.</p>

<p>I wish we had calculators. :/ I can do the basic math required, but it would have been a lot less annoying if I did't have to do everything out on paper.</p>

<p>I know that we dont get admission results until June - but do we get the EXAM results sooner?</p>

<p>btw how many challenge math questions do you have to get right to be admitted? Does the letter of rec and your grades count at all towards getting in?</p>

<p>I doubt they'll ever give us our exam scores.</p>

<p>From some1 who took it... heres how i think i did.... 100% on first math part.... like 80% give or take ont he science... and for the challenge part i only ommited one... out of fifteen. but for arguments sake, lets say i got two or three wrong... so thats like 11-12 rite... would that get me in? BTW... i wanna be a doctor wen im older, but i put Biology as my major, not medicine... was that a bad iDea? >_<</p>

<p>Yeah, to add onto that, does anyone know if your field of interest has any bearing on your admission decision? I chose earth science over bio cause it's probably less common, but I don't think I got all the earth science questions right, where I'm pretty sure I did better on bio and I could've even selected math cause I'm very sure I didn't get more than 2 wrong at MOST on the easy and challenge sections combined. :&lt;/p>