Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>Is it even worth taking it as a freshman? Or should I just study more and take it next year?</p>

<p>what do we need to bring the day of the test besides the entrance ticket?</p>

<p>The timings for each section would greatly help! if anyone knows these</p>

<p>Is anyone else besides freshmen nervous for this test? because im a sophomore and im reallllllyyyy nervous. :confused: hopefully by the time i sit down to take the test i wonā€™t beā€¦</p>

<p>^ Donā€™t be nervous itā€™s JUST a program. There are tons of other internships out there.</p>

<p>1) how long is the test?
2) i heard the science section was mostly graphs that can be figured out by logic. true?
3) is the easier math section like SAT I math or easier?</p>

<p>thanks in advance! :)</p>

<p>Hi everyone
I have taken the exam last year but I donā€™t remember any derivatives to be on thereā€¦ what is the chance of calculus based problems on the challenge part this year?</p>

<p>actually, screw that. i bet thereā€™s going to be a bunch of discrete math/series/reasoning/kill-your-brain-for-no-reason type of problems! </p>

<p>Were there a lot of physics questions this year? </p>

<p>@whatchasay

1. I believe the science section was 1 hour. The easy math was like 1 hour or 50 minutes or something. And the challenge was also like 50 minutes.
  2. Last year it was like the SAT 1 questions.</p>

<p>@shaheiruddin</p>

<p>Hahaā€¦thanks. I needed that :slight_smile:
I really want to do it, but if I donā€™t get in, Iā€™ll be okay. (I just need to keep repeating that to myself lol.)</p>

<p>The weird thing is that since I decided to apply I found out that my dad, my chemistry teacher, and a professor my mom knows all did this program years ago.</p>

<p>In the advanced math section, are the questions on geometry/algebra etc., or weird number theory / probability stuff?</p>

<p>Hey, anyone going there from Edison/Iselin NJ on Saturday the 24th cuz my parents are saying that they wonā€™t let me go alone!</p>

<p>test is on this Saturday , iā€™m nervous ); REALLY want to get in this program</p>

<p>werd falling4rain. I really want to get into this because I love particle physics. Iā€™m really nervous because I got a bad cold and Iā€™ll probably still have it during the test :(</p>

<p>Yeah I also want to get this over with because I have to do ap exams afterwardsā€¦ :(. Hopefully the bio bit is general because I forgot all the specifics from bio last year. Im just hoping that doing well on the challenge math will get me in.</p>

<p>also, what is ā€œregentsā€ level, is this above or below AP level?</p>

<p>i think its just new york state testing (?) so probably below ap</p>

<p>the bio on it was rlly simple. the physics on it was hard for me since i h8 physics.</p>

<p>Same here I forgot bio, but I looked at a couple of bio regents and I got most of the questions.</p>

<p>@miler452 - thanks for the practice test! where did you get the answer key for that?</p>

<p>@falling4rain Im in the same room :smiley: dont worry, i look like im in 6th grade 2, i havent even reached 5 ft, but 4 ft 11 in is close enough, right? ;)</p>

<p>@ memami , yay small people rule ! (: ā€¦ the only good part about tommorow is that it will be OVER with cant wait until its just done D:</p>