Condolences & Support - God Bless VT

<p>I am soooo sorry for anybody affected by this horrible disgusting tragedy. I have not slept thinking about this. I cannot help but put myself in the place of all those parents who have lost loved ones. This is just the most depressing and horrifying thing ever. I wonder if us parents on collegeconfidential could organize something special for the parents who have lost students.</p>

<p>I've been perusing the messages in this thread for a while now completely unsure of what to say. It's so very difficult to put into words the tremendous sadness, grief, and disbelief I feel, but it feels very wrong to not at least say something. I'd like to send my condolences to all those affected by this tragic incident...</p>

<p>My friend and I were talking about this on the phone yesterday and discussing how we both applied to Tech and how he had visited the campus and it just made us realize how easily something like this could've happened to us.</p>

<p>Have you all noticed how many times this thread has been viewed... 12,736 since yesterday? I know many probably feel the same way as you, Datkid. There's nothing new to be said, but you just want to be able to reach out to all the hurting people of VT.</p>

<p>It's hard to say something and not have it sound stupid, but I wish everyone safety and good thoughts. My heart goes out to all the families and students affected by the shooting. </p>

<p>-Peace and Love</p>

<p>Today, it was confirmed that freshman Mary Read was killed in the VT shooting yesterday. Even though the majority of the student body at my high school knew from word of mouth the night before, it was still shocking to think about her death...and the fact that it seemed like just yesterday she was walking through the halls and going to her classes. I am on the yearbook staff and last year I worked on senior ads. One of the senior ads I designed was for Mary Read. It was an adorable picture of her in bright magenta/purple pajama bottoms and a little white sweatshirt, taking some of her first steps as an infant. The words her father wrote to congratulate her on her completion of her high school career is something I will never forget...<br>
"Dear Mary,
You may not like to wear my uniform anymore, but you sure do like us to keep you in clothes! You are still the same girl after all; I can't believe it's time for college."</p>

<p>Words cannot express my anger and sadness for this event and all of those lost, but moreso my deepest of sympathies to the families who have lost their loved ones. Friends and the community as well. As many have said within today and yesterday, the country needs to remain strong in support. </p>

<p>Mary, may you rest in peace</p>

<p>Hope you all can rest in peace.</p>

<p>I want to share my warmest thoughts and deepest condolences. </p>

<p>A Vietnamese Batesie.</p>

<p>As I am a Korean student, I really wish all of the victims' recovery from this grief. And I want to condole all of people who are involved in shooting whether they are alive or unfortunately dead.</p>

<p>And, I feel angry that the justice can not be done. I wish the murderer were still alive and sentenced to death penalty.</p>

<p>Sorry for all of VT students.</p>

<p>God Bless the community. I went to Oakton High School and knew quite a lot of people that went to Virginia Tech. Thankfully they are all alright.</p>

<p>--Carnegie Mellon Student</p>

<p>My prayers go out to everyone touched by this tragedy. </p>

<p>Let it remind us that everyday is precious.</p>

<p>Keene State & Vassar Mom</p>

<p>
[quote]
I wish the murderer were still alive and sentenced to death penalty

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Wow, someone also needs some help.....</p>

<p>You had wonderful lives which a lot of people are jealous of. Now you have gone, which people will regret forever. Lie calm. It's time to rest. Come to heaven.</p>

<p>live in the peace...
god bless you all</p>

<p>I sincerely offer my condolences to you, the VT/Blacksburg community.
In the aftermath of this tragedy, you have displayed strength and courage, compassion and conviction for the whole world to see and to be inspired by.
You are in all our prayers.</p>

<p>I give my deepest condolences to those affected by the tragedy.</p>

<p>After hearing about this event and seeing the various time-tables of what exactly happened when, I've been hit by a huge pang of fear. I realize how terrifying it must have been to be in the place of a VT student at the time.
My prayers go out to everyone affected.</p>

<p>God Bless each and everyone of you guys who stayed strong and united during this terrible incident in VT. My prayers go out to everyone who is affected by this terrible event.</p>

<p>My sincerest condolences to the grief-torn families that had to undergo this.
Though I am not very religious myself, it is at times like this that contemplation leads you to prayer. I pray for the families that suffer, I pray for the family of the Korean student, I pray for the soul of the Korean student.</p>

<p>My deepest condolences to those affected by the tragedy. And may GOD give the strength to the families and friends of those who passed away in this tragic incident. May their souls rest in peace.
GOD BLESS VIRGINIA TECH..</p>

<p>jamesyhr-</p>

<p>The Korean connection has as much meaning as the guy's eye color. Please do not feel that you have to atone for a co-national.</p>

<p>We Koreans stand by the victims and shed tears with everyone. We feel the pain, and as a nationality with deep pride and a spirit of unity, we also feel that Cho was one of our own. Our grief is one with his family's. The fact of his nationality is significant--do not dismiss it. Koreans have struggled in the US, like all immigrant groups. Among Korean Americans, and other minority groups, there are undoubtedly troubled youth, struggling with issues of race, economics, assimilation, identity, and more. Of course white kids experience these struggles as well, but it's different for the majority culture than for racial minority immigrants. I feel sad that Cho fell through the cracks, that none of us were able to save him from whatever the source of his pain was. His pain was extraordinary, not what I went through at his age, and he was clearly mentally ill. We Koreans cannot help feeling a kinship with him, and a vague sense of responsibility. What we mustn't succumb to is shame, which some of this board are expressing. Please do not be ashamed to be Korean, please do not hide. And for those who are regarding us from outside, please have compassion for us, and do not be afraid of us.</p>

<p>offer my deepest condolences and prayers.</p>