Confused

Can you help me choose my subject combination? At uni I might study international relations, law, economics, political science or something like this. I was also thinking of a second major in a foreign language… I’m really confused.

Eng LAL HL
French HL
Global Politics HL

Spanish B SL (online)
ESS/Biology SL
Maths SL

Instead of the Spanish online course, I can choose psychology, economics or philosophy (all of them are offered online). What’s the best combination?

I must score +40 and therefore I wouldn’t want to have too many hard subjects but at the same time I don’t wanna choose ESS, Maths studies and Spanish AB because they could ruin my future chances since they are very much considered “soft subjects”.

If you are aiming for those majors, I’d sub out Econ SL for Spanish SL. Choices look solid.
What subject are you choosing for your EE?

@VickiSoCal perhaps French B. I’m thinking of something a bit political/historical/cultural about France but I’m unsure whether it’s possible to do so (do I have to stick to the syllabus?). I’d like to write my EE in French to get a bilingual diploma but I don’t wanna commit academic suicide haha

My daughter was told that the only option for a EE written in a foreign language is literature. So Spanish Literature topic is written in Spanish, but a history/political science EE about Spain or Latin America would be written in your native language.
At her school you first choose a subject area for your EE then you meet with the faculty adviser for that subject area and they help you narrow down a topic that meets the IB requirements. So she chose chemistry, then had several meetings with the IB Chemistry teacher to help her work out a doable project/essay topic.